New Personal Best at the track with the SS - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-08 SS General Tech Q&A > The Track

The Track Your TrailBlazer SS at the track

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:32 PM
No longer with us

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Imperial Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin_Trails View Post
How about a mild cam? I think PCM4Less has one.
im def gettin a cam as well.. its called the attitude cam... it just costs way too much to install... plus i might have to beef up a few components in the motor while the cam is out... like oil pump, timing chain, heads, LT headers to breathe better, etc... to allow for the new cam... the cam is only a few hundred bucks.. but to install it.. over $2000 at the right shop... so im still iffy on it...plus im under warranty until 2013 and have the powertrain warranty until 2012...so again im very iffy... im gettin by fine right now with the mods i have.. the dealership is being very forgiving with me... but once the SS becomes my straight toy when i have another vehicle.. it will be modded to the max!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 08:53 PM
TrailVoy Guru

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
White 402ci Other AWD
i'll be going with alvin's mild cam along with ported heads and 4" intake, lt headers. not getting into the 13s has got me crazy and alvin is putting down very nice numbers for an na setup
Old 07-05-2010, 09:05 PM
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
i'll be going with alvin's mild cam along with ported heads and 4" intake, lt headers. not getting into the 13s has got me crazy and alvin is putting down very nice numbers for an na setup
yea i still cant believe with your mods that your not into the 13's.. my buddy from lakewood,OH has a tune only TBSS AWD and ran 13.7 .. so i cant believe ur not in the 13 second club with your mods...and i want a cam bad.. but u c all the work entailed in putting one in.. i just have the funds for a cam... not the heads, LT headers.. i already have the CAI and full exhaust..

Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
sweet new times ... what E fan kit is the best for our trucks ? is it plug 7 play ?
89 TTA's #299 stock #1397 CAI K&N 8.43 1/8
Old 01-01-2011, 06:26 PM
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_Esuvee View Post
sweet new times ... what E fan kit is the best for our trucks ? is it plug 7 play ?
i see your revising my old thread ...

but i have gone even faster since i last posted this over the summer... my new time is 13.49 @ 102mph..was a terrible launch.. i think my 60' was 2.09 something like that.. but she really pulled in the end and trap speed... i was shocked...

but for our SS' we go with the LS1 E-fans.. typically seen on your late 90's f-body camaro's or firebird's.. you can pick them up on ebay.. ive seen a good used set as low as $50 bucks.. but no higher then $100...

then you contact Alvin at www.pcmforless.com and he sells the hardware kit and wiring harness that makes the fans plug and play... lastely you will need to "reflash" your ECM with the proper calibration to activate the E-fans at the proper temperatures...

hope this helps...
Old 12-20-2013, 11:53 PM

2008 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
I've got some efans for ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in