Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Mileage

16K views 29 replies 30 participants last post by  robbie77 
#1 ·
Jw how many miles everyone's at have a 05 trailblazer ls with 250k still kickin strong

#5 ·
My 03 (the JailBlazer as it's known) is about to hit 240k, I've put 140k of that on there and my mother put another 70k on it before me. Overall it's been a great car for me. Tranny crapped out at 217k but I found one out for a wrecked TB and that's fine and well now. I've replaced both front wheel bearings twice each and the RF needs it again. It's had three windshields, two front bumper covers (needs another), driver side fender and front door have been replaced and then driver's side rear door has been re-skinned. Beyond body damage from hitting deer and the trans there has been no other issues with the old bird.

#8 ·
155,000 Miles

Bought a 2005 LS Trailblazer new in 2005-6 cylinder. A couple of valves died at about 80K, cost $2200 for complete valve job. GM said it wasn't their fault. The air pump died at 38K, and again at 110K. First time dealer fixed it for $400, second time I fixed it myself for $120. Key switch and gas cap replaced under warranty. Windshield replaced once. Headlight bulbs replaced twice. Transmission fluid at 105K, brake job and brake fluid at 110K. Oil changed every 5K, usually semi-synth, sometimes full synth. Currently using full synth. Battery replaced three times. Battery will die in two weeks if the car is not driven. Third set of tires are still good, probably 30K left on them. Shocks and struts replaced at 150K. Realigned at that time. Had never needed alignment before that. If the wind is blowing from the right front, the wind noise will drive most people crazy. Never could find a fix for this. While under warranty was told that they all do it. No fix possible. Mileage has usually been around 15-16 in town, and around 20 on the road. Will get a little better(23-24) at steady cruise speeds. It is still being used as the second car, and still is a reasonably reliable vehicle. Body is tight and sound, Handles well. All around a pretty good car.

#22 ·
04 XUV SLT 4.2 2WD Bought new 8-04

Have 241K looks almost new, replaced tranny at 238K motor mounts, Plugs and cleaned throttle body often enough. Have not given in to replacing thermostat and probably will since I get "not to temp" code when it feels like it, I reset it and its happy until it isnt.

After motor mount replaced I still get vibration at low idle ( less than 700 rpm)
doesnt burn or leak oil, change every 5k or less.

Ideas re: vibration and low idle speed?
Kade 1006:thx

#28 ·
You need to buy the original AC Delco motor mounts.

Have 241K looks almost new, replaced tranny at 238K motor mounts, Plugs and cleaned throttle body often enough. Have not given in to replacing thermostat and probably will since I get "not to temp" code when it feels like it, I reset it and its happy until it isnt.

After motor mount replaced I still get vibration at low idle ( less than 700 rpm)
doesnt burn or leak oil, change every 5k or less.

Ideas re: vibration and low idle speed?
Kade 1006<a href="http://forums.trailvoy.com/images/smilies/thx.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Thank You" >:)</a>

#24 ·
Mileage on my 2005 Trailblazer EXT

Over 368,000. I can't get the official mileage since I have a cast on my right foot and wife has the car. All I know is that it's still the original engine 4.2L and the 4th transmission (make sure you get the updated 3rd and 4th gear in your rebuild).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.