21k Tires have turned to crap! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Tires

Tires Tires

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:07 AM

21k Tires have turned to crap!

I am very upset at GM. I have taken my vehicle in almost at 3k and beyond to tell them that my tires were wearing funny. "Oh thats normal, we checked your alighment and it's fine, nothing uh rotation wont fix, it will start wearing back to normal". We'll let me tell you, after having all my services done on time, and even had the alighment done as scheduled, my tires are making the absolute most annoying sound. The noise that comes from them is unbeleavable, (Rum, rum, rum, rum, rum, rum, rum) thats all I hear, after careful inspection, it looks like all my tires have unusual wear. So thanks GM, for the marvoulous service, and don't let me forget, those wonderful tires. Oh, by the way, no off roading here, just normal driving conditions. Anyhow, I am now in the market for new tires, any sugestions? My plan is to get new tires so that I can enjoy a peaceful ride for the next 2 yrs, and remove and replace them back with the old tires, when it's time to return it; since they still have exellent threading...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2007, 12:01 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardking View Post
I am very upset at GM. I have taken my vehicle in almost at 3k and beyond to tell them that my tires were wearing funny. "Oh thats normal, we checked your alighment and it's fine, nothing uh rotation wont fix, it will start wearing back to normal". We'll let me tell you, after having all my services done on time, and even had the alighment done as scheduled, my tires are making the absolute most annoying sound. The noise that comes from them is unbeleavable, (Rum, rum, rum, rum, rum, rum, rum) thats all I hear, after careful inspection, it looks like all my tires have unusual wear. So thanks GM, for the marvoulous service, and don't let me forget, those wonderful tires. Oh, by the way, no off roading here, just normal driving conditions. Anyhow, I am now in the market for new tires, any sugestions? My plan is to get new tires so that I can enjoy a peaceful ride for the next 2 yrs, and remove and replace them back with the old tires, when it's time to return it; since they still have exellent threading...
What brand tires do you have now? What year/model is your vehicle?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:37 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
4.2L I6 4X4
BK, what do you have the pressures set at? My OEM's are down to 50% or less tread at 27Kmi. Funny story, my neighbors (older retired cpl) have a 2006 4-Runner. The old guy complained to the toyota dealer he was "sliding all over" in the snow, even with 4x4. No questions asked, they replaced all 4 tires including the spare with brand-new yokohama geolanders. Drilled huge holes thru the sidewalls of the OEM's and shipped them back to a toyota R&D center. With your typical chevy dealer, you could complain and get it on record 3x and they still wouldn't replace them for you.

Joel

Old 02-25-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTPockets View Post
BK, what do you have the pressures set at? My OEM's are down to 50% or less tread at 27Kmi. Funny story, my neighbors (older retired cpl) have a 2006 4-Runner. The old guy complained to the toyota dealer he was "sliding all over" in the snow, even with 4x4. No questions asked, they replaced all 4 tires including the spare with brand-new yokohama geolanders. Drilled huge holes thru the sidewalls of the OEM's and shipped them back to a toyota R&D center. With your typical chevy dealer, you could complain and get it on record 3x and they still wouldn't replace them for you.

Joel
I'm not surprised. People bash Toyota big time on many of these forums (including this one), but I have found Toyota service in my area MUCH better than either one of the Chevrolet dealerships.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Superior Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblazed View Post
I'm not surprised. People bash Toyota big time on many of these forums (including this one), but I have found Toyota service in my area MUCH better than either one of the Chevrolet dealerships.
We actually see the opposite in our area...most GM dealers will go further than the imports around here

And if the firest dealer won't take care of (whatever) a legitimate concern, one call to GM customer service pretty much ensures that the next dealer in line takes care of it. Most people do not want to return to the same dealer & GM will recommend the next closest dealer (at the owners request), contacting the dealer in advance so that your concern gets remedied

If you've been going to the dealer for service every 3K, I'm guessing they've been rotating your tires on a regular basis
They should take care of the concern, especially if there is nothing wrong with your alignment. At the least, pro-rate your tires b/c they wore pre-maturely

If they satisfy your concern, give GM's 800# a call...customer service; it's in the owners manual.

Good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AKA PROVY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rock On!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:48 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
4.2L I6 4X4
That is a good point. Chevy dealerships are abundant enough that if you don't like one, try another. There are about 10 chevy dealers in a 25mi radius of me, and about 2 toyota dealerships. My experience with 1-800 GM is, they will do little/nothing for you in regards to a dealership issue. They are very hands-off on a customer vs. dealerhip issue. Best to have a service writter handle your concerns with GM. You have to remember dealerships are not general motors. They are independantly owned and operated businesses, somewhat removed from the general 'himself'.

Joel
Old 02-25-2007, 02:22 PM

I will be contacting someone...

Wheter that be the New York State Attorney General's office, or what not, but I will contact the dealer tommorow, and give them a chance to rectify the issue, but I highly doudbt they will help, my experience has been generally terrible with the dealership. I drive TB EXT 05, with OEM Continentals.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:32 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
If I am reading this correctly the TB is running fine your alignment is good, so no mechincal issues..The tires just SUCK and you have 21k on them, With new vehicles the tires are warrantied, look in the glove box they usually stick the papers in there. Find a dealer of the Continentals and see if they would prorate the cost for some new ones. Your not going to get a new set for free thats for sure, probably should have done this at the 3k mark. then maybe they would have done it free. Thats a good Idea on keeping them for the trade in....

JAy

Old 02-25-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzardking View Post
Wheter that be the New York State Attorney General's office, or what not, but I will contact the dealer tommorow, and give them a chance to rectify the issue, but I highly doudbt they will help, my experience has been generally terrible with the dealership. I drive TB EXT 05, with OEM Continentals.
I have the same vehicle (05 TB EXT) with the same tires. I'm at about 31K and I haven't had any trouble with my tires (knock on wood). I'd say they have about 50 percent of the tread left. I'd say about 80 percent of those miles have been freeway miles.
I have heard a lot of good reports about the Yokohoma Geolander. If you want some good feedback go to www.tirerack.com

When it comes to dealerships I guess it's different in various parts of the country. I can tell you though, my wife and I bought our 05 vehicles about 3 months apart. She got an 05 Camry, I got the 05 EXT. I'd give Toyota an "A" for their service department, one of the Chevy dealership a "C", the other one a "D".
I did contact GM and told them about my experience and got a "form" letter back saying "Sorry, but nothing we can do".
Old 02-25-2007, 03:13 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
I've noticed my crappy BFGs wearing quickly. Looks like I am going to be getting around 25,000 miles out of my tires. Most of my driving is in the city, so don't know if that makes a difference. I try to align/rotate every 3,000 miles. I want to unload these tires and get some Bridgestones Duelers or Firestone Destinations. Wonder if a tire shop will prorate these tires
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in