Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Key fob hidden button ?

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TB-Al 
#1 ·
I have a 2007 Trailblazer and I decided to take my key fob apart and give it a good cleaning to get rid of a few years worth of gunk. While I had it open for cleaning, I decided I wanted to separate the rubber button thingy from the circuit and clean up the actual contacts...in the hopes that it might help with the range and the fact that sometimes I have to try a few times with both the lock and unlock buttons before they do anything...although the emergency button always work even if you barely touch it.

Anyway, when I pulled the rubber cover off I noticed that underneath, it actually has four contact pads on the circuit, although the fob only has three buttons. I was wondering if anyone else had noticed this, and was really curious if anyone knew what that unused fourth contact pad might do, if anything.

#2 ·
from what i understand these key fobs are widely used, since the 4th button wasnt needed in our situation they just werent used. if you had another vehicle they used the same model key fob, you most likely could reprogram it to that vehicle and use the 4th button. just my :m2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.