Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Anyone using MAGNAFLOW (or other) with OEM resonator?

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Boricua SS 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

I will be needing to replace my OEM muffler and am wondering if anyone here is a using MAGNAFLOW (or other) with OEM resonator?

If so, what is the sound like vs. the OEM muffler?

I dont want to have an increase on sound levels but need to either replace my OEM muffler or go aftermarket.

Just wondering what the consensus is here...

Thank you for your time and input!! It is much appreciated.

Frank

#3 ·
Magnaflow muffler

I currently have the magnaflow muffler with the stock resonator. I like the sound it produces. It's a little louder than stock. But fine at highway speeds. I also had the dopey tailpipe cut off and added a nice chrome tailpipe. Looks a lot better than stock. The only time it can be loud is if you floor it. Even then its not annoying. Like the poster stated above. Try to find someone on youtube that has the same set up to listen to it. I'm away on a trip or I would record it for you.

#5 ·
I currently have the magnaflow muffler with the stock resonator. I like the sound it produces. It's a little louder than stock. But fine at highway speeds. I also had the dopey tailpipe cut off and added a nice chrome tailpipe. Looks a lot better than stock. The only time it can be loud is if you floor it. Even then its not annoying. Like the poster stated above. Try to find someone on youtube that has the same set up to listen to it. I'm away on a trip or I would record it for you.

HEy thanks for your input.

Is it much louder than stock when you floor it? inside the cabin?

thanks
frank

#4 ·
hey guys

Thanks for your input.

I actually have lost some sleep hours seeking youtube videos for any TBSSs that have Magnaflow (etc).
Funny thing that i noticed is that tht trend seems to be to remove the resonator and go with a magnaflow for a muffler.

They seem to be pretty loud.
I will search some more on this.

thanks
frank

#6 ·
You will need to rely on Youtube or anyone with a V8 to really answer this question......if you look at the people who hav posted so far....they all have I6's in their trucks, not V8's....there will be a huge difference in the sounds of the trucks......trust me, my wife has the I6 and it does sound goood with the SS exhaust on it, but it by no means sounds anything like my V8.....the 5.3 & 6.0 sound the same, so you really need to compare apples to apples.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.