Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Just hit 100k in my 02 TB: what to look for? performance modifications?

416 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EnvoyBoy2004 
#1 ·
I've had my 2002 TrailBlazer for about 6 years, and before that my grandmother purchased it new. I just crossed 100k miles and I'm looking for thoughts on common issues seen around this point. I've already fixed a few things on my own thanks to this forum.

I'm also interested in some (doable in home garage) modifications that would help with gas mileage or performance. I don't tow anything and I'm not looking to race it, I just love this car and I want it to last.

Things I know were done:
Transmission was rebuilt under warranty (<50k miles)

Things I've already done:
Replaced Transfer Case Control Module
Replaced Fan Clutch
Repaired wires to Lift Gate

Also, I live in Seattle and could use left and right fenders (they're dented). I've got that Majestic Red Metallic.

#2 ·
At that mileage you should be replacing the O2 sensors (especially the one on the exhaust manifold), spark plugs (AC Delco 41-103 Iridiums), change differential fluid, change transfer case fluid (GM AutoTrak II).

If the throttle body has not been cleaned in a while, do that along with resetting the PCM (disconnect battery or pull PCM fuses).

I don't think there is much that can be done to improve the gas mileage. If you have access to a scan tool, see what the short term and long term fuel trims are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.