Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Headlights - LS vs LT vs SS vs Etc

8K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  williams wallac 
#1 ·
Hi guys, TB newbie here… :tiphat Just got a 2008 'blazer 4WD LS the other day, was looking into it for quite a while. Among the first few things I'm gonna do (after fuzzy dice :D) is front-end customization.
I want the sort of look with the half-width (or whatever it's called) grille, where the chrome/painted center bar DOESN'T come over the headlights, but I like not having that dip where the other grilles would go in the bumper… (Not to mention the pain in the arse to replace the bumper and assembly and whatnot and then trying to sell the original ones.) My plan is to cut the ends like SilverUnicorn was going to do in his thread and then instead of keeping my old lights, buy and use the flush, non-notched headlights (I don't know the actual term for it :D).

http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=37441

…which I found while trying to find the answer to my actual question (sorry it took so long to get here, and I didn't find the answer, thus, posting).

What are the differences between the 2008 LT, LS, SS, Etc headlights aside from the notches the grille center piece goes into or lack thereof? Are the hookups the same? Do they secure in the same way?

I've tried my best to find this myself without having to actually go and buy/borrow a headlight without the notch, but to no avail. :hopeless

PS, sorry if I confused anyone.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.