Secondary Air Injection Check Valve Missing?? - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-01-2019, 03:19 PM

2005 BowTie TrailBlazer LT
Olympic White '50U' 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lab2370 View Post
Thanks, I do search the forum instead of just asking blindly for help hence how I found this thread from 3 years ago instead of just starting a new one. If a problem or idea is brought up in a thread though its fair to ask about it right there to the person who brought it up. I do appreciate the response though.

I also do get all your obvious remarks, but the fact that you also mentioned it is sometimes factory installed and other times certain ones simply don't have a SAIS has me thinking of a number of possibilities.

But the biggest thing that confuses me is that this is a milled aluminum block. If as you say its done to as a bypass then it's a factory created band-aid that will trigger a check engine light always so that doesn't seem like something that would actually be done. If this is an at home bypass to just drive the vehicle it seems like it would be a rough DIY plug or something installed there. Not a machined factory created part?

Or better yet why even remove the faulty check valve to begin with? I dont think a bad check valve is going to keep the car from driving, just going to cause a light, so why would you go out of your way to remove it and replace with a plug if the light is still going to be on?
Here is a picture of the block off I pulled off a 2006 ( I thinik is was an 06 anyway ) :

When the SAI system, fails in my 05 I'm going to install this factory block off. No. I didn't cut A "rough DIY plug or something",... it's a DIY modification using factory parts. I could have cut a piece of metal to make a block-off but why bother when it took 2 minutes to unscrew the factory block off from a junk truck ?? The SAI was not used on the early GM360, they GM engineered it into the 04-05, but re-engineered the I6 engine again without SAI after finding it to be a flawed system; seems to me to be pretty easy to understand.

Maybe the original SAI solenoid was causing the truck to run crappy because it was always stuck open - or because it was stuck fully closed, maybe it was physically broken causing an exhaust leak. Your asking questions that only the PO can answer,.... and that have no relevance anyway. You've got a SAI check engine light and need to fix it for inspection. The block-off installed on your engine might as well be a failed solenoid - your still dealing with the same issue.

Like I said: when dealing with your SAI problem you've got options,

1) leave it as is and fail inspection,
2) replace missing/bad parts to clear the code
3) re-program your PCM not to check for SAI operation.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in