Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

What size tires do I need to fill out my wheel well? / "Lowering" question.

5K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  chevytech04 
#1 ·

Love the rims but im not a big fan of my lo-pro tires because i feel they dont fill the wheel well up enough. Of course theres 2 routes either lower my ride or put bigger tires on it. To tell you the truth I really dont want to lower my ride, so if anyone can suggest a nice size tire that would fill my wheel well up i would greatly appreciate it.

Im not really 2 sure how the Tires dimensions go like someone suggested I should put 265/40/22 on my truck and that would fill it out but by reading up on the information on tire dimensions I thought the first # was how thick the tire would be/look? Correct me if im wrong please. Thanks.

Also if you have pictures That would be great.

If I did lower my ride, though, could anyone please explain to me what 2/3 and like 2/4 mean? I see other trailvoyers say they lower their ride with those numbers Im assuming 2/3 means 2 inches in the front and 3 in the back... etc.... If anyone can post some pictures of what the difference between 2/3 and 2/4 is I would also greatly appreciate that. Thanks!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.