Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2009 Trailvoys and Bluetooth

65K views 72 replies 32 participants last post by  Aaron8303 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I see that GM is offering Bluetooth connectivity on their 2009 Trailvoys (TrailBlazer, Envoy, 9-7x). I'm assuming that this is a new functionality that was added to the OnStar module. Does anyone know more about this? It would be cool if you could purchase an 09 OnStar Module and install it an 05-08. I'd really like Bluetooth connectivity in my 06 9-7x.

#72 ·
Bluetooth Adapter

Hi

I for one live in KSA where OnStar is not available and I love having bluetooth to play Audio etc from my phone to my Cars Speakers

And also I didnt want to mess with the stock radio as I really love the chimes and stuff

So I simply bought a Bluetooth Adapter by Logitech I believe. It connects using a 3.5 mm headphone jack

To add a headphone jack I bought a casette adapter

So the castte adapter is in my tape deck with the 3.5mm headpohone jack connected to the bluetooth adapter which is powered by the cigarette lighter

Whenever i enter my car my phone auto connects to the bluetooth adapter and can play Audio etc

Its a simple trick for me at the moment. If anyone has a way to integrate this better into the car let me know

:):thx

#73 ·
I recently upgraded to a factory navigation unit and I also wanted Bluetooth. I found isimple connect on eBay and works great has a T harness for the back of the factory radio. And connects to a module for Bluetooth and 3.5mm jack and a USB port. Has 3 total inputs, I just put them in the center console. Can take phone calls streaming etc. just have to put up the mic. I put it inside the overhead console.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.