How to temporarily let air out of rear air springs? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:58 PM

2007 Buick Rainier
Imperial Blue Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
How to temporarily let air out of rear air springs?

Hi all, i'm still rolling along with my 07 Rainier and 07 9-7x after many years.
My question is how can I temporarily let the air out of the rear air bags allowing the rear end to sag down with a trailer attached to it.
I have a large boat that needs to fit under a garage door and even with a large drop hitch (the lowest drop I can find), need a bit more drop to get the windshield under the door opening.
I only need to back it and take it out once per year and only for a few feet but can't push the boat by hand as it is too heavy for people to push. I'd want to let the air out, allow it to sag then pull the air compressor fuse for a bit so it doesn't fill up. I just don't know how or if it is possible to let the air out manually.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2017, 10:12 AM

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
letting the air out of the air springs

well from what i see you have too loosen the lines from the compressor and find some fitting to cap off the lines, because when you loosen the air lines air will start to deflate the air bags, i think that compressor has a check valve on it, or its going to be a 2 man job one guy stay by the fuse box the other gets under the truck and loosen the lines one at a time, then pull fuse or pull fuse first then loosen the lines one at a time.. i wish my problem was that easy, mines the infrator switch is not working, and the compressor is near the tail pipe and muffler,so i quess i will take a 2x4 and wedge in between the tail pipe and push it towards the spare so i can drop the compressor to check the wiring, the dealer want to stick it too you with their prices,, i already paided $145.00 for the smoke test..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2017, 08:23 PM

2008 GMC Envoy Denali
Black 5.3L V8 4X4
Letting air out

You can let the air out at the remote air port in the back if yours has it. Itís connected to the air ride system so when you attempt to fill anything with the port it releases air from the suspension.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:18 AM

2007 GMC Envoy Denali
Olympic White 5.3L V8 4X4
Did this work for you?
Old 08-14-2018, 03:18 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 AWD
not trying to hijack this thread...

but it seems to me if letting air out via the connection in the back works... and I will be testing in a day or so... then instead of removing the air compressor to deflate the airbags for replacement... then I could just push the pin in the valve inside the truck to deflate the bags prior to replacement!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in