GC SRT-8 vs SS vid - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer SS Chat

TrailBlazer SS Chat The TrailBlazer SS Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:14 PM

I don't mean to be difficult but your attitude Tony isn't one condusive to success. you've basically lost before you've even had a race. stock for stock of course the SRT-8 will win, you're acting like someone is arguing that with you. The fortunate thing is that this isn't a stock vs. stock world. Put me against the GC right now and it's going to be a drivers race period and I typically don't lose those... i dont care about status quo or bench racing, im talking about from a dead stop or a roll i'm just not going out, period.

i know my trucks limitations & capabilities after a month of ownership. u dont seem to be as certain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2006, 10:15 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
After watching that video I don't think low 13's out of the GC is unreasonable. For anyone trying to add it up, a 5 speed auto with the right gearing can account for .5 in the qtr. That trans probably only drops 1,000 rpm (give or take) on each gear change keeping it in the "sweet spot"...I just wish GM would have done the same with the SS.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:16 PM

yeah you would think a 5 speed auto would almost be mandatory in todays market.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:17 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
From what the people who were there have told me.. it's a good probability that truck was on the hose...
Old 01-31-2006, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essque
I don't mean to be difficult but your attitude Tony isn't one condusive to success. you've basically lost before you've even had a race. stock for stock of course the SRT-8 will win, you're acting like someone is arguing that with you. The fortunate thing is that this isn't a stock vs. stock world. Put me against the GC right now and it's going to be a drivers race period and I typically don't lose those... i dont care about status quo or bench racing, im talking about from a dead stop or a roll i'm just not going out, period.

i know my trucks limitations & capabilities after a month of ownership. u dont seem to be as certain.
Bro, I hope for the best, and expect the worst, I'm satisfied regardless..see, too much life experience to know any different..if you've run at the track EVER... you should know there's always a faster ride..also, those on here have thought from day one their SS's would be neck and neck with a GC and that's not being realistic.. I love my truck, I just know it's limited in what it can do, tuned or not..

I'd bet that the majority of GC's will run 13.4's or less and wouldn't be surprised if a few run into the 12's..stock. I've seen a stock 300SRT8 run 12.50's at Atco, that car was never supposed todo that! point is the majority of the time the cars run faster..not slower than the Mags..nothing those SRT's do will surprise me..they're ANIMALS, seems those who are driving them are the problem...it's almost like the "BMW" crowd has all of a sudden jumped out of the M3's & M5's and gotten in that JEEP!!
Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 PM

There were three SS's Two Silver, One black... The one silver was bone stock, the second silver one had intake VMS tune, and chopped the muffler & replaced with a magnaflow, it was also awd as was the other silver...Mine is the black one, the fastest of the three after numerous runs against the other two...AWD, VMS Tune, Custom 3'' cat back exhaust with dynomax muffler, K & N Replacement Filter... Unfortuneatly the last pass we ran was my ss against the srt8.. he did leave a tad early but he did beat me, by 1 1/2-2 truck lengths..he claims his jeep is stock...But i can say one thing.. IT MOVES LOL...he beat me by a couple truck lengths i beat the stock ss by 4-5 so figure 6-7 truck lengths against a stock ss...NO HEADERS on my ss, false statements...well no headers, YET ...got a few other bolt ons that will be on soon...Will keep you updated, any other ?s feel free to ask

that's from the "horses" mouth
Old 01-31-2006, 11:45 PM

So you'd agree it's a drivers race with the vector tune? because that's basically what I read. with the lighter 2wd and the benefit of a little wheel spin plus a race where the other guy doesn't get the jump, i think it's a drivers race but then again i'm a glass is full kinda guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGXP

that's from the "horses" mouth
Old 02-01-2006, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essque
So you'd agree it's a drivers race with the vector tune? because that's basically what I read. with the lighter 2wd and the benefit of a little wheel spin plus a race where the other guy doesn't get the jump, i think it's a drivers race but then again i'm a glass is full kinda guy.

you're cracking me up!! I don't have to tell you, but I will anyone way...PLEASE....let us know when you run a GC from a dig! Chris is tellin me the AWD's are quicker all around, I don't believe that given the factors involved (weight/rotating mass/less HP to the ground) and if the track is prepped traction should be a non issue (Atco/Englishtown anyway) I think if anything the ET's will be the same modded, but the MPH should be 1 or 2 better in a 2WD, as we know they pull up top given the extra HP, less rot. mass.

Feb25th can't come quick enough, just hoping to go below a 14.0 as a baseline! if my GXP did it @13.6 102+, with 303hp, why can't this truck?? 4.10's compared to the 2.93's in the GXP? is that enough to negate 900lbs??
Old 02-01-2006, 12:39 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
You should be able to run in the 13's at Atco...aren't you guys just above sea level? I've only run my Mustang there a couple of times and I swear that track was pretty fast because of it...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:04 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Atco is notorious for .5 second quicker runs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in