[SOLVED] engine tune - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Engine Tunes/Mods

Engine Tunes/Mods Engine tuning and/or modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-27-2010, 10:00 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
engine tune

what would be a good tune for casual driving and a little in and out of the gas, and to save the tranny from going......KABOOOM!!!!. most miles will be put on just in town driving but in two years (if i dont get the gm tranny curse) i will be using it during college in Dallas or Houston (have to wait on my gf (soon to be wife after college) to graduate high school). Ai of dallas or houston plus my gf will be going to the same place for culinary, so i have a chef wife lol (have to be the guinea pig though )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 10:57 AM
No longer with us

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Imperial Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny24 View Post
what would be a good tune for casual driving and a little in and out of the gas, and to save the tranny from going......KABOOOM!!!!. most miles will be put on just in town driving but in two years (if i dont get the gm tranny curse) i will be using it during college in Dallas or Houston (have to wait on my gf (soon to be wife after college) to graduate high school). Ai of dallas or houston plus my gf will be going to the same place for culinary, so i have a chef wife lol (have to be the guinea pig though )
as far as tuning goes.. i went the mail order tune route... about half of the SS owners and alot of people on here in their regular TB's go with the tune from PCMforLESS.. they are a vendor on this site, and Kelly delas with the regular I6 guys but Alvin hooks up us SS peeps... both VERY knowledgable with our motors... and with Alvins tune i dropped over a full second at the track... so check out www.pcmforless.com and go to the tuning section... now the mail order tune is just youtr basic tune.. nothing beats a street tune...

as for your tranny... it will go kaboom even if its stock... its just the luck of the draw... ive seen SS with only 3K miles on them snap a tranny.. and a 500+hp SS on a stock tranny.. so its hit and miss... def. get a tranny cooler as heat is the number one killer of our tranny's.. i got one from pcmforless as well.. direct fit...

congrats on the g/f, future wife, and chef
Old 07-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
right now im in the hole on ordering things, but i like to plan ahead instead of just rushing everything at once. (i have only had this vehicle for about 3 weeks now) (due to my jeep being rear ended by two 19 year old girls with no license and sitting around and asking for rides because i didnt have one) but pcmforless tune and a tranny cooler. thanks (been high school sweethearts as they say) 4 and a half years strong. no problems at all, but if there is i might just have to whip out the paddle (those kinds of things are kinky though ) could end up not punishment bu...well you get the idea . yea shes kinda like a little puppy, wherever i go she goes but in a good way not a annoying type ha.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:17 PM
No longer with us

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Imperial Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny24 View Post
yea shes kinda like a little puppy, wherever i go she goes but in a good way not a annoying type ha.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:08 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
what sucks too, is i havnt had a car in over 4 months due to that wreck and i only got $5900.26 for my jeep (1998 jeep grand cherokee limited 5.2l awd 134098 miles and running strong with none so ever problems) i have been saving money since i was 12 and i got up to $12,400 bucks (mowing lawns, saving lunch money, working jobs while i was young, etc) plus the 5900 and 26 cents bs the insurance company gave me, put me at $18326.25...but since i just graduated and have saved that money for so so long and not spending it on everything i wanted when i was younger lol (except for my dirtbikes i use to race from age 10 to 16 and then blew a cam on my 250 and said screw it because im not going to make a career out of racing (which would have been sweet) i might as well stop ) and i was only $173.75 away my parents pitched for the 173 and we bought the ss, they said they would pay the insurance for it and my apt when i go to college and the usual tuition and etc but i was told when i got it you are on your own on the gas money lol they are paying for my gas right now until i get a job and the first paycheck lol. so this will be me :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in