Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

First time at the track...

7K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  jbracefan1977 
#1 ·
ok i finally got the SS down the track last wednesday... I went to Norwalk (Summit Raceway) in Ohio... it was the hot norwalk nights.. so pretty much anyone could go... but i only got in 2 runs becuase there was like 150-200 cars there.. i got there about 6:30 and they closed the staging lanes at 7:30 and i only got one run in for that, then it went straight to classes.. and i was in truck and van (naturally) and surprisingly was the fastest truck there..

but first run.. 14.7 @ 94 mph with a 2.4 60' (i was nervous ok!!!!! :dielaugh:)

second run.. 14.5 @ 97 mph with a 2.2 60'...then i lost because the bastard next to me broke out.. he wrote on his window a 18.9 and dialed a 18.89 :hissy:

so that was it for me on the evening... but i was only launching it at 1000-1200 rpm because the SS' are notorious for slow launches.. they take too much time to build speed out the gates like that... once i hit about 35-45 mph i was really gettin thrown into my seat..so i will try aroun 2000 rpm next time around.. but i know she has got more in her because i have some "tweaks" done to the motor... i was hoping for like a 14.0 to a 14.2, but ill be going again for sure... and i would post a video but my girlfriend took it on her camera phone.. and yea we all know how those look :weird: so im not going to even bother.....

See less See more
#5 ·
the tune does a lot.. it takes a stock SS from mid 14's like im gettin now down into the low 13's... im not a fan of the "mail order tunes" ill be up on a dyno using HP Tuners...

Sounds like a good time Juan.:thumbsup: I have yet to make it to a track. I want to go before I get my tune.:yes:
yes it was a blast Sam.. too bad i could only get 2 runs in.. i was really pushing for lower 14's...

If you were bracket racing and he broke out on an 18.89 w/ 18.9 dial, how did you lose?
its not like a bracket racing...its just an open night where kids 16 and up go and race... they have the DIM sport compact class, Outlaw Class, STK class, Bikes, Then T/V (truck/van), and high school.. whoever gets closest to their time over or under wins the race...thats how its always been at norwalk...on the wednesday night events.. you cant have computers or anything electrical..no slicks for some classes etc.. its just a free for all run what you daily drive...

#9 ·
uh oh did we find ourselves a new rolling buddy :excited:

thats kool tho...i live on the east side... so if you ever see a imperial blue SS with a loud exhaust on it thats me :thumbsup: plus i have 2 trailvoy.com stickers on my rear windows...courtesy of high_voltage...

hope to meet ya one day... i always go to norwalk...

#10 ·
I would try launching off idle. I have my best times launching off idle, I've tried diff things and off idle is always quickest. One foot on the brake the other just touching the gas pedal, when the last yelllow lights mash the gas as hard as you can while letting off the brake. My only mods are a vector tune, homemade intake and a powerbond ud pulley. However, my 13.17 run was in cool weather and I took the back seat out (only takes about 10 minutes). On a different note, I live in Toledo, but my mother in law lives in Lorain. My wife is from Wellington, and I have a few freinds in Wellington also. I will be in Lorain tomarrow as a matter of fact.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.