2005 Trailblazer LT 4.2 L stalling and starts back up - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > The "How-To" and DIY Section

The "How-To" and DIY Section Threads on Do-It-Yourself and How-To goes here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:59 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
white 4.2L I6 2WD
Unhappy 2005 Trailblazer LT 4.2 L stalling and starts back up

no codes and runs smoothly and at proper idle. Has great acceleration and cruises well also. Just seems to stall for no reason, confused. Any Ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2018, 09:37 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Black 4.2L I6 AWD
Engine Stalls During Idle

Possible cause - Carburetor

If your vehicle has a carburetor, is is likely that you have a stuck choke or something is obstructing your fuel flow. If the carburetor's choke (located in the upper carburetor) sticks in the open position, the vehicle's air/fuel mixture will be thrown out of balance and the engine will stall. Spraying some choke cleaner on the linkage may solve the problem, if only temporarily. If you are able to prevent stalling by lightly depressing the gas pedal when the idle becomes too rough, the problem is simply that your idle speed is probably set too low.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:44 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Envoy193 - apparently you know nothing about this platform. The GMT360 engines do not use carburetors, as well as most vehicles produced in the last 15 - 20 years. Varieties of fuel injection, both manual and electronically controlled is used throughout. Please give relevant advice or none at all.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:58 AM

2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lephthand69 View Post
no codes and runs smoothly and at proper idle. Has great acceleration and cruises well also. Just seems to stall for no reason, confused. Any Ideas?
last tuneup was done when?

any check engine lights on?

mileage?

Envoy193, No carbs on any of the 2002-2009 GM full size SUV's.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:29 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
IIRC, my 03 Envoy (approx. 156k miles) behaved similarly a few weeks before one of the ignition coils failed. Keep an eye out for Cylinder Misfire codes, which may or may not trigger the SES light right away (depending on severity/frequency). I'd also suggest checking the spark plugs for fouling, and that they're the correct type and gap according to the owner's manual, which I believe calls for iridium plugs. It may be worthwhile to visually and audibly check for leaks in your vacuum lines, and give your throttle body a nice cleaning.
Old 07-02-2018, 08:24 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
any other symptoms?

Does it matter what accessories are running? i.e. the heater, defrosters, fog lights, radiator fans?

Could be low voltage from the alternator and low battery as well. my 04 TB EXT sometimes stalls at stop lights when the A/c is on full blast. but i have noticed that only after a long time of not driving at highway speeds, when it doesnt get a nice long charge on the battery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in