Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Finally in the 33in club 285/70/17

19K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  rentalcarsuae2 
#1 ·
Went out today and had to buy tires cause the 265/70/17 at's were worn down. I still need to get alignment which i am going to do tomorrow. I was going to get mudterrains but i drive more highway than anything and it is more family truck so i didnt want to go to aggressive. I picked up Kumho Road Venture at KL71. Here are some pics of them muddy. And no trimming, no rubbing. But just to be safe i may trim the rear in front of the tires somehow, because mud just caked up in the rear fender wells.:) I never got stuck and it has been raining here in Dallas constant for the last week.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
gotta love a little mud on the tires...and the new tires.

I gotta say...i love the look. Personally, i think a truck is ment to be dirty. The way i see it is the mud and dirt are just protecting the paint. Happy trails n' keep the rubber side down.

#7 ·
But just to be safe i may trim the rear in front of the tires somehow, because mud just caked up in the rear fender wells.:)
Please be careful trying that. The rear in front of the tires is the back doors. Would hate to see water coming in because a door seal got trimmed.:worried:

I do envy the fact that you have somewhere to go off roading, not many places around here.

ct_mike

#8 ·
Thanks guys. Yeah i guess i should just keep the pedal down and sling the mud out the back, cuz you just reminded me ct_mike it isnt a good idea. I didnt get a pic of the tread and sorry i got the model number wrong, it is Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78. Here is an online pic of the tread. I love that that i have all that tire to fill in those gaps in the fenders as well.

Attachments

#20 ·
Yes if you read my profile it is all in there.

JamesDowning The 33s look good!

Make sure you are wheeling on a legal trail... looks like you were in someone's backyard.
Thanks James, but I hate to say its not legal, as much as i hate doing it. Especially with trying to become a police officer. No legal trails within 2 hrs from me and so I went to this one trail that a lot of locals go to where the cops dont bother messing with no one.
Knock on wood.

#17 ·
33's and kids are not bad. I had the 2 nephews of the Fiance for the truck show and they are both in seats and had no issues getting them in and out. Only problem was, there were scared to jump down and you had to help them

#19 ·
Might just be lucky like me and own the land. I got 255 acres of woods and creeks out one side of town and 22 acres of woods with trails at the edgae of town that when you are on the trail you are 5 feet from a perfectly mowed backyard of a 500,000 doller house. They look at you funny, but it our land. i do agree with not wheeling illlegally though.

#21 ·
Is the offset on those 25 or 22mm? The wheels I'm getting have a 22mm offset and I was wonder if I could if them with new wheels and just the 2.5 lift, without wheel spacers.

#23 ·
Hello, im new to the forum and i saw that you had 285/70/17 on your trailblazer, and my question is what modifications do i need to do to my trailblazer to make them fit? I have the tires sitting in my garage and im planing on putting them on on my stock 2005 trailblazer rims, i also bought the blocks to lift it 3" and 2.5" on the back, someone also told me i will need spacers? Please let me know, any advice will help. Thanks

#25 ·
Idk where you are or if anyone is interested but I have some 22" 2 Crave rims 6x127 that are pretty much new wrapped in Lexani ties with 85-90% tread life left, I bought them in August and took them off first snow in November, no rubs no scratches they're in brand new shape, I sold my TB and got a Silverado, I'm in Columbus Ohio if anyone's interested send me a txt 614-595-7125 I'll send pics, for some reason I can't post pictures on here, $2100 obo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.