My lift plan, please help - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:55 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Blue 4.2L I6 4X4
Exclamation My lift plan, please help

I plan on lifting my Envoy SLT 4x4. I plan on spending a lot of time in, and going to and from the pine barrens in NJ (about a hour drive). I also want to be able to hit what very few local trails I know of (or may find) that are closer to my house in bucks county PA. I am on a tight budget, but really want to do this properly. I don't drive the truck that much, or far (<75,000 miles on it), except on occasion I will take it out of state on a day trip, but its still a "daily driver"

I think I have decided on doing the marcmc 3in lift and wheel spacers, w/ billstien HD struts and skyjacker shocks (all at once) and keep my stock wheels and tires until I find a good deal on 31.5/32 in. tires (possibly Wrangler Athourities). My first question I could use some help with: is if this a good plan? If anyone sees any holes in it please straighten me out!
1) Is the 3 inch lift too much angle for the CV joints? I read no, is this completely true? (will they wear much faster than the 2.5 kit?).
2) will it be OK to use stock wheels/tires for a while until I can find a deal on/choose bigger tires?
3) is there any reason I should consider another lift kit like mark's 2.5 or another company (I do want max lift tho of course! And as it is my truck sits pretty low stock)
4) with a set up like I have described, will I have problems with highway driving? What are the worse downsides/ unknowns to look out for?

I know a few people here have similar setups, and at least one guy has the EXACT same set up, so if ANYONE can answer a question or two I would be very greatful. Please don't tell me to use search, because I have many times and read a lot already, and these are the few dbouts/questions that I have left (my first real post). ANY ADVICE or INPUT I will GREATLY appreciate. I look forward to meeting ppl here and maybe in person one day (hopefully come with u guys on a trailvoy meet up!!!).
-John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2017, 03:44 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Have you done the lift yet?

Just thinking about a lift for my TBD. Found a 3" front 2" rear and a 3 inch body lift on amazon and wondering how yours worked out.
Old 01-28-2017, 09:12 PM

2006 GMC Envoy SLE
Black Granite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
New to Trailvoy

I just got an Envoy and am ready to lift it. I know when I put a 3" suspension on my 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee, the first time I put it in 4wd i shredded the front transaxle cv.... Had to install a double cardan. Have you guys lifted yet? And if so with what results?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:42 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
from what i have looked at you shouldnt have problems with a 3 inch lift (remember a small tree stump with the wheel turned at ant height can cause problems like cv shaft exploding) im getting ready to lift my tb similar height i am going lower budget than you due to it being second vehicle for recreational uses. if its still going to be daily driver watch what you buy for tires that can make all the difference, and of course make sure to check your spedo noone needs a speeding ticket gps spedo apps are somewhat accurate i was looking for wheel spacers as well but need to do some homework on them or a/m rims will be a better solution, just costs alot more
Old 02-16-2017, 01:06 AM

2006 GMC Envoy SLE
Black Granite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I installed my lift this weekend

This weekend I installed a 3" Front 2" Rear. It brought the top fender height to 36". I Have 1.5" spacers, which I haven't put on yet, but plan too soon with new larger tires.
Old 05-03-2018, 05:07 PM

2008 GMC Envoy SLT
Sandalwood Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Total Cost???

Wooski, how much did you end up spending in total on the MARMC lift, the struts, and shocks, and how much time did it take. I have an '08 Envoy I'm getting ready to convert for more offroad trips!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
billstien hd, envoy lift help, marcmc 3in, skyjacker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in