Fuel Injector cleaning? - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-24-2005, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22
Thanks man, I will look into it.
Me too. Sound like a good product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 06:17 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Engine Problems

Hello Guys,
I have a 05 Trailblazer LT with about 39K on it. Today I notice that when I was driving home from work, and I was stopped in traffic, my TB would run ruff. Like it wants to stall, but doesn’t. The RPM's drop below 500, but just for a milosec, and then it goes back to normal. No hard braking, no hard acceleration, no anything special about the TB. Would anybody recommend that I get Fuel System Cleaning done? I live in Houston, and at firestone, they will do it for 89 bucks, but the dealer wants 189 for it. What do yall think? My ears are open to get the problem fix. Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 07:31 PM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Have you cleaned the throttle body yet? If the engine runs rough when the A/C is turned on the t-body needs cleaning. As for the fuel system cleaning, try a bottle of Chevron Techron or Seafoam first.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:15 AM

No, I have never cleaned the T-body. It it hard to do? I'm a pretty good car guy, but just affriad of breaking something off. What do you recomend? Cleaning the t-body, or dumping in some cleaner? What do you give cleaning the t-body a hard rate scale? 1-10, 10 being really easy and 1 being super hard that you wouldnt even want to do it? What type of cleaner do i use to clean the t-body with? Thanks
Old 07-15-2009, 12:55 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
[QUOTE=LAVABOY;20358] Maybe another good tip is if there is a tanker filling up the station underground tanks, go to another station. A friend told me once that when they are pumping in gas it stirs all the sediment in the tank. I don't know if this is true but it sounds logical

I might buy that, but there are also filters on the fuel delivery system, so personally, I've never had an issue ever, with any vehicle. Even when fueling up with the tanker unloading.

I used to go to this one gas station years ago when I used to work in Carol Stream and I would be able to tell when his filters needed changing, the fuel delivery from the pump slowed quite a bit.

I have been notorious for allowing my tank to get to fumes. When I change my fuel filter, they're always spotless. I have always said, buy good gas ans you should have no problems. Like my throttle body I just cleaned last week. 81k miles and I really didn't need to. I buy top tier gas and change my air filter regularly.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:06 AM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostrowski View Post
No, I have never cleaned the T-body. It it hard to do? I'm a pretty good car guy, but just affriad of breaking something off. What do you recomend? Cleaning the t-body, or dumping in some cleaner? What do you give cleaning the t-body a hard rate scale? 1-10, 10 being really easy and 1 being super hard that you wouldnt even want to do it? What type of cleaner do i use to clean the t-body with? Thanks
It is easier than changing spark plugs. A spray can of t-body cleaner, some rags and a set of sockets. Check this post: https://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=51619
Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 AM
No longer with us

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
[QUOTE=BigJohnAZ;780913 I have been notorious for allowing my tank to get to fumes. When I change my fuel filter, they're always spotless. I have always said, buy good gas ans you should have no problems. Like my throttle body I just cleaned last week. 81k miles and I really didn't need to. I buy top tier gas and change my air filter regularly.[/QUOTE]

The t-body never comes in contact with fuel. It gets dirty from blow-by. If the engine is tight enough to keep blow-by down, the t-body will stay cleaner.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:09 AM

Thanks guys, I guess I will be cleaning the t-boday today and not getting a Fuel Injector Cleaning Service done. I hope this will fix the problem. Thanks for everyones thoughts! Thanks again!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:59 PM

2004 GMC Envoy SLT
Carbon Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
TB Cleaning

Hey Jostrowski, how did the TB cleaning go? Did it take care of the stalling symptom? I have an '04 Envoy doing the same thing although it will actually stall sometimes but starts right back up. Just waiting for cooler weather before getting under the hood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in