Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

How to temporarily let air out of rear air springs?

8K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Skyvoy 
#1 ·
Hi all, i'm still rolling along with my 07 Rainier and 07 9-7x after many years.
My question is how can I temporarily let the air out of the rear air bags allowing the rear end to sag down with a trailer attached to it.
I have a large boat that needs to fit under a garage door and even with a large drop hitch (the lowest drop I can find), need a bit more drop to get the windshield under the door opening.
I only need to back it and take it out once per year and only for a few feet but can't push the boat by hand as it is too heavy for people to push. I'd want to let the air out, allow it to sag then pull the air compressor fuse for a bit so it doesn't fill up. I just don't know how or if it is possible to let the air out manually.

Thanks

#2 ·
letting the air out of the air springs

well from what i see you have too loosen the lines from the compressor and find some fitting to cap off the lines, because when you loosen the air lines air will start to deflate the air bags, i think that compressor has a check valve on it, or its going to be a 2 man job one guy stay by the fuse box the other gets under the truck and loosen the lines one at a time, then pull fuse or pull fuse first then loosen the lines one at a time.. i wish my problem was that easy, mines the infrator switch is not working, and the compressor is near the tail pipe and muffler,so i quess i will take a 2x4 and wedge in between the tail pipe and push it towards the spare so i can drop the compressor to check the wiring, the dealer want to stick it too you with their prices,, i already paided $145.00 for the smoke test..

#5 ·
not trying to hijack this thread...

but it seems to me if letting air out via the connection in the back works... and I will be testing in a day or so... then instead of removing the air compressor to deflate the airbags for replacement... then I could just push the pin in the valve inside the truck to deflate the bags prior to replacement!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.