Envoy Denali vs. TrailBlazer SS - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior repairs/modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-26-2007, 03:12 AM

Envoy Denali vs. TrailBlazer SS

Hi,

We have a 07 Envoy Denali, and I was wondering what the main differences were between it and the 07 TB SS. I noticed the SS doesn't have the wood grain interior, and I know the SS has larger rims (20"?) and has a 6.0 L motor rather than the 5.3L found on our Denali. Can anyone point me in the direction of the other main differences with appearance and such?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2007, 03:27 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Mocha Steel Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerousTacos View Post
Hi,

We have a 07 Envoy Denali, and I was wondering what the main differences were between it and the 07 TB SS. I noticed the SS doesn't have the wood grain interior, and I know the SS has larger rims (20"?) and has a 6.0 L motor rather than the 5.3L found on our Denali. Can anyone point me in the direction of the other main differences with appearance and such?
The SS is a Chevy, the Denaly a GMC. The SS is AWD, NOT 4wd. You can't turn it on and off. The SS is all about performance, with your family along. Its not just a 6.0l motor... its the LS 2, the former Corvette motor. It sits lower than a standard Trailblazer, and has a rear air suspension standard. The Denali is all about the luxury. The SS is about getting there FAST, and doing it with style.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:16 AM

Anything different about the inside of the vehicle, for passengers? I noticed the SS has three cup holders, our Denali has two. Any small differences such as this?

Old 07-26-2007, 04:23 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Quote:
Anything different about the inside of the vehicle, for passengers? I noticed the SS has three cup holders, our Denali has two. Any small differences such as this?
Lots and lots. Like I said, the Denali is an Envoy, the SS a Trailblazer. The dashes and consoles are different. The gage clusters are the same I think. The light switches are the same. The TB center console seems to be a bit wider than the envoys, but the seats are the same. The SS has more sport looking seats. other than that, the options are virtually identical. The SS can tow more. The climate controls are identical, the radio options are the same, no 4x4 switch in the SS, the SS rear wiper control is beside the radio. Go through the gallery and check out all the pics of an SS. They are very similar, and have pretty much the same options available.

Old 07-26-2007, 04:27 AM

Cool, thanks for the info again.

Reason I ask is we may be buying an SS if we can get a good deal on one, and good trade in for our 06 Jeep Cherokee. Wanted to turn that into an SRT8 but its becoming way too expensive way too fast. Loved our Denali so I figured this was basically the sporty option of it. Appears it is

As far as driving, they are both basically the same, correct? Just one has a wood dash, the other has a larger motor.

Also, does the TB have the feature where only 4 cylinders of the motor are active at a certain speed/RPM? I believe or Denali does this, I just can't recall what it is called. Its a feature we missed out on with the Jeep, we shoulda got the HEMI engine in it when we bought it. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:34 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Quote:
Cool, thanks for the info again.

Reason I ask is we may be buying an SS if we can get a good deal on one, and good trade in for our 06 Jeep Cherokee. Wanted to turn that into an SRT8 but its becoming way too expensive way too fast. Loved our Denali so I figured this was basically the sporty option of it. Appears it is

As far as driving, they are both basically the same, correct? Just one has a wood dash, the other has a larger motor.

Also, does the TB have the feature where only 4 cylinders of the motor are active at a certain speed/RPM? I believe or Denali does this, I just can't recall what it is called. Its a feature we missed out on with the Jeep, we shoulda got the HEMI engine in it when we bought it. Oh well, live and learn.
You are talking about DOD... Displacement on Demand. NO the SS does not have that option. The SS handles completely different from the Denali. Its much more like a sports car feel. You are talking about a MAJOR HP increase over the Denali. Most people that are concerned with gas mileage, should stay away from the SS. The Denali with the 5.3 l v-8 can have DOD.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:38 AM

What are the real world figures for MPG on the SS, typical driving?

All the SS's I have come across are a lot more affordable than so Denalis or SRT8 Jeeps, but the MPG has gotta be reasonable too.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:45 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Quote:
What are the real world figures for MPG on the SS, typical driving?

All the SS's I have come across are a lot more affordable than so Denalis or SRT8 Jeeps, but the MPG has gotta be reasonable too.
I don't have an SS, but from what I have read they avg between 12-18 mpg. Mixed driving seems to be on the low end of that... maybe 14-16. To compare, my TB with the 6 averages around 21mpg. The 5.3 is somewhere between the 2. The SS is a pre-made hotrod, its just not built to get good mileage. The high performance engine (about 400 hp) plus its weight put limits on the mpg. But if you want an SUV that will eat ricers and smoke all but a couple of other SUV's, then the SS is for you.

Generally though, the Denali is a luxury vehicle, while the SS is a sport vehicle. Thats the main difference.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:48 AM

12-18... Thats what I get in the 4.7L in our Jeep! Then again, that is a LOT heavier than the TB from what I understand. If I can convince the rest of the family, it looks like we'll have a TrailBlazer SS parked next to our new Envoy Denali. Hopefully we can find a nice white one to match
Old 07-26-2007, 04:54 AM
No longer with us

2011 Chevy Tahoe
Quote:
12-18... Thats what I get in the 4.7L in our Jeep! Then again, that is a LOT heavier than the TB from what I understand. If I can convince the rest of the family, it looks like we'll have a TrailBlazer SS parked next to our new Envoy Denali. Hopefully we can find a nice white one to match
They weigh about the same, Jeeps are notorious for lousy gas mileage. I had a couple of Cherokee's in the mid 90's. They were good vehicles, but both SUCKED on gas mileage. My old Ford f-250 4x4 got better mpg than either of my Jeeps. Good luck with your purchase!! Don't buy to fast, go get a price and come here and ask around for what is really reasonable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in