replacement fog lights - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior repairs/modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
replacement fog lights

i am lookiing for a replacement fog light. my stock ones for 1 leak and kill my hid lamps. also i have tried a few different lamps in the stock housing and none of them really project the light onto road i am not sure if the heat lamps ruined the reflector but either way i do not want to put the stock ones back in and have the same problems. i have looked online for hid fog lights and most of them are really expensive. i know i will have to make mounts for them and mabye have to enlarge the grill a little to make them fit. i not sure if anyone has changed out them yet but i thaught ask. thank for the help guys and gals!!!
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 02:30 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
You may be able to get them from this site. I have not done any ordering but it may be worth looking into.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=214632

BTW, Where did you get your headlights and did you install them yourself? How much?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2009, 03:12 PM
JeTTTstream Automotive Technologies

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
We can help you out with HID lights for a great price. Our kits are 99.99 + 10 ship and come with the relay harness.

Thanks,
-Mike

Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
What bulb and color temp. do you have on the ss in the pic? Also, do you have matching fog lights?

After install, do the lights adapt to all settings for the vehicle? For example, when I unlock my vehicle, the lights go on and when I turn the vehicle on, my daytime running lights are on.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tbssfoosy View Post
What bulb and color temp. do you have on the ss in the pic? Also, do you have matching fog lights?

After install, do the lights adapt to all settings for the vehicle? For example, when I unlock my vehicle, the lights go on and when I turn the vehicle on, my daytime running lights are on.

Thanks
That TrailBlazer has 5000k lows (9006) and fogs (880).

You can modify your truck many different ways to eliminate the DRLs. TBlazed DRL Killer, capacitor trick, 'Quad Beams', and a few others.

You can also use the DRL module from v-leds.com (we sell this as a 10.00 option to our 9005/9006 kits). Right now we just sold our last DRL module, but we have them coming in very soon. Otherwise, it can be purchased at v-leds.com

Essentially what the DRL module does is take in the PWM signal (Pulse Width Modulation) from the headlight harness and output a clean constant 14v.

You hook the DRL module between the factory harness and HID relay harness. On some kits the relay harness is an option. Right now with the group buy the harness is included.

Feel free to check out diagrams at www.jetttstream.com/downloads.html => HID installation manual.

Here are some more pics:

for reference here is a picture of 5000k:

6000k fogs: reference

3000k fogs: reference

more pics:[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
-Mike
Old 01-29-2009, 10:55 AM

Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Do you also charge the same price for the 6000k hid fog lights? What about the blue tint that is on the turn signals also, I was wondering if you had a price on those also? After seeing your reference pics, I know that I need the HID fog lights
Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyJs View Post
Do you also charge the same price for the 6000k hid fog lights? What about the blue tint that is on the turn signals also, I was wondering if you had a price on those also? After seeing your reference pics, I know that I need the HID fog lights
Right now the group buy price is 109.99 shipped with relay harness.

www.jetttstream.com

Thanks! I'm not sure about the blue tint on those signals, I do sell LEDs but I don't have my price list finalized--sorry. It looks like a reflection..of a sort from the 6000k.

-Mike
Old 01-29-2009, 03:01 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
The group buy price for led headlights and fog lights with relay harness are $109.99?

Does this include high beams too?

I am a little confused and have not done much research on this yet. If I want the set up that you have on the silver ss, with high beams and eliminate the DRL's, what do I need to purchase and how do I do it?

I will def get these if you can pint me in the right direction.

Thanks again
Old 01-29-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tbssfoosy View Post
The group buy price for led headlights and fog lights with relay harness are $109.99?

Does this include high beams too?

I am a little confused and have not done much research on this yet. If I want the set up that you have on the silver ss, with high beams and eliminate the DRL's, what do I need to purchase and how do I do it?

I will def get these if you can pint me in the right direction.

Thanks again
Hi. No problem.

You need a "kit" for any headlight group you replace...fog..low..high.

So if you want low's and fog's you need:

9006 6000k kit, 109.99 shipped
DRL module 10.00 shipped if purchased with 9006 kit.
880 6000k kit, 109.99 shipped

I do not recommend high beams personally...but there are those who want them anyway. I view high beams as something that you need to turn on quickly in a passing situation or an animal in the road situation...etc.

You don't want to wait the 30-60 seconds 'burn in' time for your high beams when you *think* there is a deer in the road.

So the total for low + drl + fogs = 229.98 shipped.

Thanks!
-Mike
Old 01-29-2009, 04:24 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Perfect! So you feel that the 9006 6000k kit is high enough when driving in the country with no high beams? The stock lights I have now I definitely need high beams when on a dark road.

Dumb question but have to ask it...If I do not get led high beams, would the original high beams still be in place and work?

Thanks again for taking the time to explain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in