How To: Add a temp / compass rear view mirror - Page 5 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Interior

Interior Interior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:59 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Medium Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
First off, great how-to, but I have a question, I have the mirror with just the airbag display thing but it does have the 16 pin plug on the back, it's not auto dimming, if I get one that has temp/comp, onstar, and auto dim, will that cause a problem? Or will I get an auto dim? Or will it just not power up? I'm just a bit confused....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 01:20 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold View Post
First off, great how-to, but I have a question, I have the mirror with just the airbag display thing but it does have the 16 pin plug on the back, it's not auto dimming, if I get one that has temp/comp, onstar, and auto dim, will that cause a problem? Or will I get an auto dim? Or will it just not power up? I'm just a bit confused....

As long as you have the 16 pin plug in your ORIGINAL mirror, you can do the mod. The Auto-dim and compass should work plug and play (auto-dim is a great feature). The mirror will have the onstar control, but they will not do anything since you don't have OnStar there now.

That should be no problem for you.

Chris

[/CENTER]
Old 06-03-2009, 05:45 PM

Medium Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverUnicorn View Post
As long as you have the 16 pin plug in your ORIGINAL mirror, you can do the mod. The Auto-dim and compass should work plug and play (auto-dim is a great feature). The mirror will have the onstar control, but they will not do anything since you don't have OnStar there now.

That should be no problem for you.

Chris
Thanks!

Old 06-07-2009, 09:33 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Magnetic Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Interior Carpet

Has anyone replaced there Interior carpet? If so where did you get the molding and how easy was it to install..I want to replace it but first take it out and spray some noise dampening..any suggestions would help thax
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier32mp View Post
Has anyone replaced there Interior carpet? If so where did you get the molding and how easy was it to install..I want to replace it but first take it out and spray some noise dampening..any suggestions would help thax
hi!

While I don't know the answer to your question, you may get more response from posting a new thread, and not a reply to a thread about installing a rear view mirror.

Please don't take this personally, I just want you to be able to get the correct responses to your question

Chris

[/CENTER]
Old 08-01-2009, 01:37 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I just got done doing the install of the temp sensor, and eveything went smooth. NO issues what so ever. The article was straight forward and very easy to follow.

I canabolized an old socket that I took out of the overhead console that I bought on ebay for the home link, and used the wires with the female connectors to plug into the housing on the drivers side of the engine bay.

I have 3-4 more connectors with a small length of wire attached if anyone is looking to do this mod and cant find the connectors.

Shoot me a PM I will be more then happy to pass them along to anyone that needs them. Just remember I have 3 or 4 left.

If anyone has questions feel free to ask, ill do my best to help you out.

talk to you soon,

Steve
Old 08-01-2009, 05:59 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
New member chiming in!

First i would like to say that i am new here and so far i love it. I stumbled upon the site shortly after buying my ls trailblazer last week. I love the site and all the knowledge that seems to oooze from it. And i love my trailblazer so far too.

Now my reason for posting in this thread as my first cherry popping post was because this was for some reason one of the first options i wanted to ADD to my 02 ls beauty. But or course i had to "STOP HERE" like someone else had mentioned. I was hoping maybe there was some more info regarding us less fortunate people without that priceless 6 way plug??? Also wondering if anyone has had any luck adding other features such as over head console. Havent been able to find any info on these kinds of mods. I know if other GM vehicles i have owned and also working in the dealership a lot of the these GM vehicle are "pre-wired." In other words when they roll down the line they all get the same harness but only certain things get plugged in if you get what i mean. (with exception of course with things like digital climate control)

Any help or redirection would be appreciated....
Old 08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
First off, welcome to the site! Now back to your other question, yes there is a few how-to on the overhead console, you probably need to check out the search button and run through that, but I do recall seeing some threads on it. Good luck and happy Trailvoying!!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:28 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Thanks for the info. I will have to dig deeper to find it. But any other info on a remedy for the missing 6 way plug for this mirror would still be nice to hear.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:36 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I installed a Compass/Temp mirror from another GM vehicle in my 04 LS without any wiring. I came across a mirror that had the plug plus about 12" of wire still in tact. I searched the net and found out which wire was what, and now I have it working 100%. I have a thread as well, search for posts started by me... you'll find more details on this mod.

Good Luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[B]OffRoadTB.com[/B]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in