2007 Trailblazer Steering Wheel Shake at Random Times - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:35 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Thanks a lot STECH! Hopefully if I can get that switched out, it will work. But who knows, I'd have to fill up the truck and just go driving non stop for a while. haha. Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black Granite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Please let me know if that was the problem, I am having the exact same problem with my 2007 trailblazer.

Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 11:53 PM

2007 GMC Envoy SLT
Dark Gray Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
steering wheel vibration

I had the same problem with my 07' Envoy at about 55,000 miles.the problem would come and go.Had wheels re-balanced which did not seem to fix problem.Then awhile back when i took truck in to dealership for a oil chance and tire rotation they found a tie rod that was worn when they had it up on the hoist.After they replaced the tie rod i have had not had the vibration problem come back.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM

2007 GMC Envoy SLT
Onyx Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Seems to be a problem with 2007 models. I have the same issue on my Envoy. It seems to happen after I have had to brake suddenly after traveling at 60-70 mph and then reaccelerating. Dealer checked the rotors and said they were okay.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:32 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFishing View Post
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, and I'm very glad I found it. Looks like there are some very knowledgeable people here!!! I have looked through a few of the forums, and found a few post that are similar to mine, but here is my issue:

The first time it happened was about a year and a half ago. I was driving long distance and while running down the interstate going about 65-75, a slow, very slow vibration started in the steering wheel. As time continued, the shaking became worse. When I would let go of the wheel, it looked like it was moving back and forth vibrating about an inch. I tried to apply brakes and get off the interstate, but it shook even worse then, causing the vehicle to shake REALLY bad. When I finally came to a stop, i rechecked all my lug nuts to make sure they were tight. I got back into the car, and it didn't happen again for a few months. Then it happened again. I did the same thing, stopped, and continued on. I took it to a shop, and they could not duplicate the problem. About a few weeks later, it did the same thing. I again stopped, took it to another dealer, and again, they could not find anything wrong with it. Then it hasn't happened for about 6 months, and it did it twice on my way back from a beach trip.

It seems to happen when I'm running highway speeds (60-70) and when I have been driving for a while.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
I have an 06 TB and have had the same problem since the car had 500 miles on it. ( has 76000 on it now)
the dealer could not duplicate the problem as it was very intermittent.
When it was happening, I used my "raytech" to check the temp of the rotors.
The right front rotor was 800 degrees and the LF was about 300.
nothing was sticking as per caliper, sliders etc.
I drove to Fla. from NJ and when hit Maryland, The shaking started after no touching the brakes for hours. Attempting to stop was a wild ride with the shaking getting much worse when applying brakes. Shut car off, restarted and went rest of the way to Fla. without happening again.
Dealer replaced the master then at another visit the booster. Then at another visit they changed the master and booster as an assembly. The pedal was softer after that and the problem didnt occur as often. I took video of the car shaking during the trip and showed to the rep. He phoned me and said "We cannot fix your car" He offered me 3000.00 off an new TB.
Big deal right?
I heard of a re-programing to control the stabilatrack but cant find any info on it. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:46 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
2007 TB Steering Wheel Shake

I have had the exact same problem. My recomendation is to go see your dealer. There is a recently revised GM Technical Service Bulletin (#PIT4540B) on this condition.

If the repair is not successful, the bulletin requests the dealer to document ANY stored code and contact GM Technical Assistance for further direction.

This condition applies ONLY to 2007 - 2008 GMT360s.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM

Black Granite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
I just got my TB back from the dealer yesterday after having this same exact problem for about 7 months. They replaced the master cylinder and brake booster as per Technical Service Bulletin (#PIT4540B). I have drove about 200 miles so far and no vibration.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:43 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Monterey Maroon Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Same Problem-Need Help

I have been having the same problem with the 08 TBLT I just bought. Only 28,000 but it occasionally (Once every few weeks) shakes violently when on the highway. Brand new tires, breaks and rotors and completely in balance. I took it to the dealership and they spent 8 hours inspecting it and said it's fine. After having the shaking again a few weeks later and reading this forum I took it back and suggested the MC and Break Boost. They said they will look at it again but unless they can get it to have the problem while they are driving it they wont replace anything. Is there something visual they can look for in the MC and Break Boost to convince them that they need to be replaced? I nearly lost control on a bridge in Missouri while on vacation last weekend.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:52 AM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Vehicle Shakes Or Vibrates At Highway Speeds

Ask them to reference GM Technical Service Bulletin #PIT4540B. See below.
I have now driven 7,000 miles since the repair was performed. The problem is gone.

If the dealer is still unwilling to help, call Chevrolet Customer Assistance. The phone number is in the back of your owners manual.

Service Information
Document ID: 2367376
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#PIT4540B: Vehicle Shakes Or Vibrates At Highway Speeds - keywords brake drag front grab intermittent pad pads rotor shake spot spots vibrates - (Nov 9, 2009)

Subject: Vehicle Shakes or Vibrates at Highway Speeds

Models: 2007 Buick Rainier

2007-2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer models

2007-2008 GMC Envoy models

2007-2008 Saab 97x models

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to change Admin Details and Technical Direction. Please discard PIT4540A.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may comment of an intermittent vibration felt in the vehicle at highway speeds. This vibration may be intermittent and typically will start gradually, increase while driving , then may fade away as the vehicle maintains highway speeds. This vibration may be more severe one time versus the next time. Inspection of the front rotors may reveal blue or black spots, better known as "hot spots".

Recommendation/Instructions:
Replace both the brake booster and master cylinder to correct this concern. If this vehicle has had both the master cylinder and brake booster replaced for this concern once before, please document ANY code stored then contact Technical Assistance with this information for further direction.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

2010 General Motors. All rights reserved.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:50 PM

2009 Chevy Malibu
Red Jewel Tintcoat Other 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee74C3 View Post
I have had the exact same problem. My recomendation is to go see your dealer. There is a recently revised GM Technical Service Bulletin (#PIT4540B) on this condition.

If the repair is not successful, the bulletin requests the dealer to document ANY stored code and contact GM Technical Assistance for further direction.

This condition applies ONLY to 2007 - 2008 GMT360s.
Hello,

Sorry, I quoted the wrong person. Not sure how to delete it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
shaking, steering wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in