remove resonater - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Exhaust Mods

Exhaust Mods Performance Exhaust Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
did the resonater delete this morning and it sounds alright. not quit loud enough for me. thinking about changing the muffler to a chambered exhaust
pipe. I have heard the GMMG chambered exhaust on camaro's and it sound's wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2007, 08:28 PM

deleting resonator tomorrow

Well I had a flowmaster put on a few months ago cause the ones I had on my mustang sounded esome, but it still isn't as loud as I wanted. I am a daily driver but only 12 miles a day, so I'm hoping taking the resonator off won't be too loud, but anyways trying it tomorrow. I'll try to post a sound clip.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:23 PM

2005 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
ok juts to let you know the resonator is the big long empty thing in the middle of the truck that lets the exhaust resonate before passing down to the big heavy dense MUFFLER that is packed with insulation to muffle the sound of the exiting exhaust. If you were to take a resonator off the sound should still sound the same.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn262 View Post
ok juts to let you know the resonator is the big long empty thing in the middle of the truck that lets the exhaust resonate before passing down to the big heavy dense MUFFLER that is packed with insulation to muffle the sound of the exiting exhaust. If you were to take a resonator off the sound should still sound the same.
wrong, the part in the middle of the truck is the muffler, the part on the end near the tip is the resonator
Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
ordered a 26" chambered cobra pack muffler, it came in today so friday i'm going to have it installed.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:48 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfortune View Post
wrong, the part in the middle of the truck is the muffler, the part on the end near the tip is the resonator
Right. If you replace the coffee can you can see from the backside with a muffler, well then you, my friend, can consider yourself double-muffled. I've seen it done...Guys using a 1->2 muffler and strapping it on *not only* in place of the resonator, but as though it was a doubled exhaust tip....
Old 11-22-2007, 01:39 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Superior Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Maybe two muffs are better than one.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
cobrapack muffler.
http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...t=Photo001.flv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in