Corsa Exhaust Dyno Numbers - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Exhaust Mods

Exhaust Mods Performance Exhaust Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:40 PM

my cutout only gained 2rwhp and 2rwtq.......

todd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTODD View Post
my cutout only gained 2rwhp and 2rwtq.......

todd
SEE told you to wait for the Corsa system you would have gained at least 15hp/20tq more
Old 11-28-2006, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbssny View Post
SEE told you to wait for the Corsa system you would have gained at least 15hp/20tq more
lol, right, i know. what ever was i thinking!

todd

Old 11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
No longer with us

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Now that is some funny "chit" man
Old 11-28-2006, 07:56 PM
No longer with us

ive been running a corsa catback(used) on mine since the 3rd day i got it(tbss).DAMN,na, i got it for the sound...anyone want to buy it 300 bucks? and its urs
Old 11-28-2006, 08:04 PM

I only changed my Muffler, for sound with an Ansa sport... Stock exhaust flows very well for a mildy modded TBSS, I like most of you CAN'T believe these gains, as I have been on thedyno a million times with this truck and NO WAY is it gaining that much form a Catback, Open Y-Pipe only gained what? 10hp? where's that guy, I'd love for him to chime in, was that you Chris? If you're doing for a little sound, maybe a "few" ponies, but that's almost the price for a Vig, $$$ better spent there, to actually "Feel an improvement".. Dam exhausts are TOO much money, getting out of hand.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:52 PM

Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I have this cat back on order, and I don't expect any real gains from it. I'm not going to blow my warranty on this thing, so the few bolt ons I do might as well get the good stuff. If I wasn't worried about my warranty, you bet I would put a tc in. I have a welded in magnaflow right now and it doesn't seem to do a 40k (sticker) truck justice. What about that nasty crimp over the axle? Also, on other cars I had Borla, SLP, a few Flowmasters and few Magnaflow kits, but never Corsa so its something new to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12.59 @ 107 1.73 60
Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I will never understand why some people will just bash a product and they have never used it or even seen it. Corsa makes a very good quality, full stainless exhaust that sound great. I do not consider myself a "victim" as I am buying this exhaust as I want a full catback system, not something hacked in place. Am I expecting to gain 18hp and 30lbft., no, but I do expect that I will gain some (5-10hp).

Corsa seems to have done a good job in finding the right amount of "backpressure" from their exhaust systems and therefore, the decent hp gains. It not about just opening up an exhaust and getting more power. Too much backpressure (stock exhausts), you lose power, too little backpressure, you also lose power (cutouts are a perfect example. Most people think they will get a ton of power with this, but the opposite is true). The only time I find this not true is on a FI car (big turbo or blower).

Lastly, Tony, I agree with your last comment. Catbacks are getting overpriced.
"
99 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Old 11-29-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD SS View Post
I will never understand why some people will just bash a product and they have never used it or even seen it. Corsa makes a very good quality, full stainless exhaust that sound great. I do not consider myself a "victim" as I am buying this exhaust as I want a full catback system, not something hacked in place. Am I expecting to gain 18hp and 30lbft., no, but I do expect that I will gain some (5-10hp).

Corsa seems to have done a good job in finding the right amount of "backpressure" from their exhaust systems and therefore, the decent hp gains. It not about just opening up an exhaust and getting more power. Too much backpressure (stock exhausts), you lose power, too little backpressure, you also lose power (cutouts are a perfect example. Most people think they will get a ton of power with this, but the opposite is true). The only time I find this not true is on a FI car (big turbo or blower).

Lastly, Tony, I agree with your last comment. Catbacks are getting overpriced.
Right amount of backpressure is ZERO.

You balance exhaust velocity and flow. Any backpressure is bad.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:29 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Liquid Silver Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Why does everyone insist on bashing products before they're tested?? Why don't we just wait and see what kind of power people get before we start saying people are going to be getting ripped off? Corsa usually only shows minimal gains on their systems so I'd be surprised if these numbers weren't run several times before publishing...I guess we'll see soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in