Opinions on resonator delete - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum



Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2006 - 2009 TrailBlazer SS Tech > 06-09 SS Engine and Drivetrain > Exhaust Mods

Exhaust Mods Performance Exhaust Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Crummy Crummy is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-ROB View Post
What about removing the muffler and keeping the resonator instead?? Thats the way I went with mine. Nice sound at idle and just loud enough when you give it some gas.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ONYpics159.flv
How are you getting by the emmisions tests? I assumed with no muffler that they would fail it. Oh, and howdy neighbor. I'm about 25 minutes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12  
Old 01-04-2008, 10:54 PM
SS-ROB's Avatar
SS-ROB SS-ROB is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Wilkesboro,NC
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crummy View Post
How are you getting by the emmisions tests? I assumed with no muffler that they would fail it. Oh, and howdy neighbor. I'm about 25 minutes away.

SShhhh....... I think there was something in the inspection guys eye when he looked under it!! Which direction 25 minutes away are you?!?!??!
__________________
CAI, muffler delete, Powerbond UD pulley, E-fan
Tune PCMFORLESS.COM 352.84 RWHP 362.86 TRQE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #13  
Old 01-04-2008, 11:40 PM
GeorgiaSS's Avatar
GeorgiaSS GeorgiaSS is offline
Junior Member
 
2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 97
no resonator with a cobrapack chambered muffler.

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...t=Photo001.flv

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...t=DSCN1512.flv

total price..$190.00 bucks labor and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #14  
Old 01-05-2008, 09:10 AM
maxtbss maxtbss is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 105
I deleted the resonator and the muffler shop re-used the stock tip, total cost was $50.00. As Fishunter said, ther is a drone at about 55 to 60 mph, above or below that speed there is no drone, it's way louder at wot, and the best part is it lets it sound like a LS2 should!!

The down side is, it decreases the "stealth" factor, when you floor it it's a lot louder than stock. I noticed NO power gain (did'nt expect one).

The muffler is still there so I would be suprised if there were any problems passing an emissions test, mine passed with NO problems, emissions tech did'nt even mention it. Go for it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #15  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Crummy Crummy is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-ROB View Post
SShhhh....... I think there was something in the inspection guys eye when he looked under it!! Which direction 25 minutes away are you?!?!??!
Southwest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtbss View Post
I deleted the resonator and the muffler shop re-used the stock tip, total cost was $50.00. As Fishunter said, ther is a drone at about 55 to 60 mph, above or below that speed there is no drone, it's way louder at wot, and the best part is it lets it sound like a LS2 should!!

The down side is, it decreases the "stealth" factor, when you floor it it's a lot louder than stock. I noticed NO power gain (did'nt expect one).

The muffler is still there so I would be suprised if there were any problems passing an emissions test, mine passed with NO problems, emissions tech did'nt even mention it. Go for it!
Thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #16  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Frostee's Avatar
Frostee Frostee is offline
TrailVoy Alumni
 
NA NA NA
NA Other AWD
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ottawa, ontario
Posts: 1,747
they test sound on your guyses emissions tests?

a muffler is only really used for sound supression, not emissions (thats what the catalytic converter is for)
__________________
When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt, then call me over
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #17  
Old 01-07-2008, 09:03 AM
1GMfanatik 1GMfanatik is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 152
I did the muffler delete, and love it. She sounds pretty mean, but not crazy loud. Louder then the resonator delete though, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18  
Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Crummy Crummy is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostee View Post
they test sound on your guyses emissions tests?

a muffler is only really used for sound supression, not emissions (thats what the catalytic converter is for)
They just began stiff emisions tests here. It's all kind of new. Just CYA. I don't forsee any problem with it but there could be the occasional butthole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19  
Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
maxtbss maxtbss is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 105
I agree with Frostee, the muffler and resonator is noise control only, removal of either (or both if you wanna get really nutz) should not create any emmissions issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20  
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM
ssvegas ssvegas is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: vegas
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-ROB View Post
What about removing the muffler and keeping the resonator instead?? Thats the way I went with mine. Nice sound at idle and just loud enough when you give it some gas.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...ONYpics159.flv
NICE launch!

what did you run in that clip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for opinions on new tires jdoorn14 Tires 24 04-09-2008 10:09 AM
Tire time! I need opinions! maxtbss Tires 70 02-01-2008 08:29 PM
Lowered and towing, who does it? Opinions wanted! Kupop Suspension 2 12-12-2007 12:42 PM
Hood Deflector on an SS?? Opinions ATV PRO Exterior 41 01-15-2007 09:16 PM
I need opinions for wheels!!! jahames7 Rims 16 11-15-2006 11:35 AM


» Sponsors

Advertising Info

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Chevy TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiasts - Copyright © 2004 - 2009 All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks referenced herein are property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed