How To: 3rd Brake Light LED Strip Retrofit - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Appearance > Exterior

Exterior Exterior

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:05 PM

2002 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
Before I start cuttin', will the Avalanche light work??

I have a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT. I've seen the posts where the Trailblazer folk are able to retro fit an avalanche light into their trucks with a minimal wiring change. My question is, will the avalanche light fit the 2002 Envoy, or are we stuck doing our own mod? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLE
Tan/Gold 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
I have a 2002 GMC Envoy SLT. I've seen the posts where the Trailblazer folk are able to retro fit an avalanche light into their trucks with a minimal wiring change. My question is, will the avalanche light fit the 2002 Envoy, or are we stuck doing our own mod? Thanks!
If the lights on the 02-09 fit the same, the Avalanche should fit. I think going with the Avalanche would save me 4.5hrs and cost me about $60. But damn! that light looks good.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:01 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Thanks.

2yr update. (Wow its been that long already!)

A couple of the leds stopped working and some of the double sided tape started to let go. It hasn't prevented it from working completely and the tape hasn't changed visibility. I am probably going to look at the lights mentioned above or see if I can do a better job on this one.

Thanks again,
Outlaw

Old 06-27-2011, 10:34 AM
TrailVoy Guru

2005 GMC Envoy Denali
Summit White 5.3L V8 4X4
Mod looks good.

Any pics or link to Avalanche brake lite?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT XL
Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
So awhile back my wife was driving to work and was running late as usual. she heard a whack on the back window and pulled over the third brake light assembly had broke loose and was hanging only by the wires. She decides that she is late and continues to drive until it broke the wires and fell on the highway leaving it there. Parts were quoted to me at 500+ So we went with out for awhile until went to have it inspected for new tags. It won't pass.
So I made an assembly using aluminum diamond plating and a trailer LED light bar and paint for under a hundred I made a new third brake light assembly and if some one tells me how to post pics on here I will glad to show it off.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:07 AM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Midnight Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
40 bucks at a local junk yard and your good to go. I got one off of an '05 and it fit my '02 just fine!
Old 08-22-2012, 06:28 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Imperial Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
My Modification

I have modified my 3rd brake light with LED.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in