Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Painted Rotors, Painted Calipers

17K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  benhal8 
#1 · (Edited)
Wow, what a long weekend... I decided that this weekend would be the brake weekend so I lined everything up to make sure that G2 Caliper paint, painted rotors and all the tools were here.

First thing is to get the truck up on all 4's

Then remove and replace all the old rotors. After that use a wire brush to clean the nasty brake dust off of the old rotors...

Then apply the G2 caliper paint

Apply decals

Clean all 4 rims inside and out and apply wheel wax also inside and out.

Re-mount wheels

Add some etched mirror decals for good measure..

I also dont ever remember the burn in process being so tough, but after 8 60 - 10 mph slow downs I had major fade when they were hot.. Service Stabilitrak lights were flashing....

After about 10 minutes of driving to let them cool everything was just fine. After shutting off the motor for about 2 min. the Stabilitrack light was gone. Everything is OK now....

See less See more
#7 ·
Glad you like it.
BTW, it was nice here today. High of 67, sunshine, had the garage door open and my IPOD playing Disturbed and Slipknot on the surround sound in the shop.

Life is Good. :thumbsup: If you ever make it out this way, make sure to let me know.

#8 ·

Nice work :thumbsup: Those turned out very good. I like the touch of painting the face of the rotor where the studs are-haven't seen that done before--the decals on the side mirrors as well-unique ;)

BTW--what is wheel wax and where do you get it?

#9 ·
Looks great. I'm always watching for decent prices on drilled rotors, and I have a set of Ceramic pads just waiting for the truck to need them. I'd like to paint the rotor black just so you can't see the rust, and paint the calipers white with some red decals. How much paint did you need to do all 4?

#11 · (Edited)
Looks great. I'm always watching for decent prices on drilled rotors, and I have a set of Ceramic pads just waiting for the truck to need them. I'd like to paint the rotor black just so you can't see the rust, and paint the calipers white with some red decals. How much paint did you need to do all 4?
I paid $199 on sale from RotorPros. Free shipping, Free painting.

However before you contact them I will tell you that it took me over a month to get them and their E-Bay feedback is falling drastically. If you really want these I can get you the owners email and he knows that I know where he lives... :crazy:

I have heard that R-1 Concepts are good but they do tend to rust in the slots and drill holes real quick. If you buy those just paint inside first and you shouldn't have any issues.

I have used RotorWorks in Garden Grove, CA. once for my Pathfinder and they also worked nice and worked well.

Nice work :thumbsup: Those turned out very good. I like the touch of painting the face of the rotor where the studs are-haven't seen that done before--the decals on the side mirrors as well-unique ;)

BTW--what is wheel wax and where do you get it?
I ordered the rotors painted and I do like the look. I bought the Wheel Wax also from G2 when I bought the caliper paint. The decals I ordered from Motor City Vinyl.

#16 · (Edited)
They look very nice,I like the red with the white.And the G2 Caliper paint.has better colors than any other caliper paint.

I like red but on mine it would be too much .was going to go blue but all the other blue caliper paint looks like ford blue...

But G2 Caliper paint.has a nice blue.

I would say that the G2 Caliper paint, ''Pink'' would look nice on white too ,and it does, but we wont go there,,lol..

looks every nice,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.