Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Truck is running rich with Colorado K&N filter

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  TonyGXP 
#1 ·
FYI , Anyone who did the air box silencer/neckdown delete with the Colorado replacement K&N , you probably have a rich condition due to the air filter being bolted directly to the mass-air , there needs to be a short extension to smooth out the airflow before it hits the mass-air meter , Kirk from Vector told me my fuel trims would be skewed from this and he was right ,(filter was already on truck when I spoke to him), today my truck was at the dealer getting the service stabilitrack message checked out and my friend who's the head tech at the dealership pulled up a rich code from the ecm , so the benefit of removing the neckdown with the stock filter may be counteracted with a too rich fuel mixture :confused: not sure if I want to change it back to stock or leave it as is , even though with it being rich it's probably hurting power a little , hitting the track this weekend , maybe I'll bring the stock filter set up to the track with me and see if if makes a difference . We need the Vector CAI IMMEDIATELY :D !!!!!

#4 ·
ludicrist said:
Kirk "Yes the truck was on a Mustsang Dyno with a wide band air/fuel meter in a dedicated bung befor the cats.

2. It leaned out quite a bit across the board, and even more above 5800 RPM.

3. We picked up 5HP & 5TQ with no re-tune. There was no knock without the retune, juat a little lean to make optimal power.

4. The fuel trims are positive from the factory 5-6% - with the CAI they are at 7-8%"
Dude is it rich or lean?
"Bueller???" ...."Bueller??"... "Bueller?":D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.