Envoy Remote Starter Install (Complete) - Page 5 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > General TrailVoy Discussion > Audio and Electronics

Audio and Electronics Discuss car audio, video, navigation, alarms, and other electronics here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:11 PM

2005 GMC Envoy SLE XL
Silver Mist Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Deathmate... I'm back on the road again but when I get home this weekend I will pull my folder out and send you a message for the connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Medium Sage Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
04 trailblazer bulldog deluxe 500

Big apple could you send me a list of where to connect the wires for the bulldog deluxe 500 I'm not sure where to connect my 791 bypass for ignition wire number 3? This is on 04 trailblazer
Old 09-27-2014, 10:00 PM

2008 GMC Envoy Denali
Carbon Black Metallic 5.3L V8 2WD
2008 Envoy Denali install Bulldog 500B w/ 791 Bypass

I read the posts here in this forum to make a purchase decision on a remote start system for my 2008 Envoy Denali. First, thanks to all for what they posted here, it was a great resource, and I plan to 'give back' by documenting my installation for others benefit.

I purchased the Bulldog model Deluxe 500B from a seller on Ebay, and it was advertised as a complete setup for a GM vehicle. It arrived today, and I have been pulling information from www.bulldogsecurity.com and mocking up the parts sent to get a feel for what part is what, and what is connected to what.

I will be posting pictures of the install after I have completed and tested. This system includes the 791 bypass module, which after much reading I now understand is the device that bypasses - well, to be more accurate, it 'learns and emulates' the variable resistance value programmed into the factory system, which in the case of 2008 Envoy Denali is supposed to be the Passlock II system. I will be verifying that when I dig into the install tomorrow.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:34 PM

2008 GMC Envoy Denali
Carbon Black Metallic 5.3L V8 2WD
I typed a bunch of stuff, and then the screen went blank, so I'm going at this again, not sure if I actually posted anything on that last attempt.

So, it has been a few weeks since I posted my plan to install. I have a ton of pictures, but here is the summary of what went down.

I ordered and installed the Bulldog 500 Deluxe for GM. It came with a 791 unit, a small black box, that is the security emulator. I had a lot of problems.

The first problem is the instructions. You get instructions for wiring the 791, and you get instructions for wiring the bulldog, but there is no unified install procedure, what to wire first, how to test them together as a unit. Then there is nothing to tell you what all the buttons do on the remote or even how to 'start' the vehicle, which I eventually did find out you push the star button twice to start the vehicle (if you are lucky, which I was not).

So I took off the two plastic plates and the metal plate. The wires for the ignition are right there, I did not unplug the ignition switch, I did all my wiring 'live', and used a clothespin to keep things separated while soldering.

The wires for the 791 are the weird part. You have to find the yellow, orange/black and the red/white in all the other wires, and unfortunately there are multiple yellows and multiple orange/blacks. The ones you are looking for are in the middle part of the connector, not the top or bottom connector, of the ignition switch.

So I wire everything up, and the remote does nothing. So I follow the instructions to sync the remote, and I have to wing it because I did not hook up lights or horn, just the brake kill wire. I know when I finally get it going, because when I push the start button twice I hear clicking on the bulldog and my car goes into security lockout, not cool.

Lots of trouble shooting later and I determine that the 791, which has a little bitty LED on it, well that LED never did light and the reset procedures didn't work. I call Bulldog support, and they think I'm full of it of course, but I put the 791 in the mail to them and get it back 12 days later.

I plug in the 791, and the LED is lit, which it should be. Then you start the car, and it 'learns' your security resistance value, and goes out, which it did. So I shut the car off, hit the star button twice and 5 seconds later the car starts.! Frankly I was shocked, I was ready to cut the thing out and send it back.

As a side note, when I called Bulldog they said something like 'oh you need some other this or that relay for the Bulldog to work'. I said to them, I paid for a kit that should start the car, I am not going to go buy more stuff, this thing either works or I'm sending it back.

Other side note, I waited about 15 minutes each time I put my car into security lockout and it would start again, that was also a mess to figure out what to do.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:09 PM

Trailblazer ext Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Can't get alarm wire for rs82 on 02 trailblazer
Old 01-04-2015, 01:48 PM

I have a 2007 GMC Envoy that I installed a Compustar CM800 S remote car starter and a Datalink bypass. It starts the truck 4 times shutting off each time. Also the remote will not lock or unlock the doors. Can you help with this problem?
Old 09-10-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathmate View Post
Just wanted to say great write up. Ive had this Bulldog Kit sitting in a box for 5 years since I couldn't understand how to connect it. heheh
Thanks so much. I've just started installing.

Just to let everyone know, Bulldog sells a T-Harness that sits between the Ignition harness. You wont have to cut into the car wires. The T-Harness has wires sticking out that you connect the H1 connector wires to and is way easier.

Does anyone know where to connect the "While Running (-)" wire from the INT-SL?
Can you send me the link to buy the T harness !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in