What did you do to YOUR TrailVoy today? - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > The 02-09 "How-To" and DIY Section

The 02-09 "How-To" and DIY Section Threads on Do-It-Yourself and How-To goes here.

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-21-2019, 03:38 PM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS EXT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
What did you do to YOUR TrailVoy today?

On a different forum (for a different vehicle) I belong to, I started a thread entitled "What did you do to YOUR **** today?"
In the 9-1/2 years since I started it, it's had 376920 views and 3805 replies. Sometimes we do little things to our rides, but we think "Oh, nobodies going to be interested in me doing [I]that[/I]!" so it doesn't get posted. But I'm sure we all like to see what others are doing, and they like to see what [I]we're[/I] doing. It helps build a sense of community. It's like Red Green (http://www.redgreen.com/) used to say "Remember, I'm pullin' for ya! We're all in this together!"
So even if you don't think anybody else cares, we do! So go ahead and feel free to post what you did to your ride right here! Even if it was just a "little" thing!
I'll start:
When I get off work, especially during the warmer months of the year, my work shirt and the T-shirt I wear under it can rather 'damp'. Knowhutimean, Vern? The cloth seat in my '99 Grand Voyager, my previous daily driver, has a permanent discoloration because of that. I wanted to avoid that with my '04 TB, so I bought this seat cover https://www.autozone.com/interior/se...over/76635_0_0.
Install wasn't [I]too[/I] bad, once I completely unbolted the seat and tipped it backwards! Getting the straps hooked up under the seat would have been next to impossible with all the stuff under that seat! But it's been on for about a month and it's holding up very well. For $30 I'm not expecting miracles, but so far I've been very pleased with it!

When I bought this TB, the drivers seat back did not recline or come forward. The entire seat would go forward and backward, up and down, and tilt forward or back, but the seat back would not move. The switch panels were barely hanging onto the seat, as well. I went to the U-Pull-It here in Lincoln, and found some switch panels which I installed at the same time as I installed the seat cover. I used the same seat switch that came on the replacement panel as it was identical to my old switch. I installed the panel and had all the power functions of my seat restored!
That was when I discovered that the round switch on the top left was different between my TB and whatever year the panels came from!
The switch controls the lumbar support in the seat. Mine was larger and had a plastic line down the center. This one is smaller, and has a cross pattern on it. The electrical connectors are way different, so this switch won't work on my TB. I will get the proper panel as soon as I find one in good shape. In the meantime, this panel is installed, and the old switch is still connected, just tucked up under the front of the seat. Ya does what ya got's to!

So, the question remains: What did you do to YOUR TrailVoy today?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg‎
Views:	12
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	38009   Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg‎
Views:	10
Size:	853.1 KB
ID:	38011  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2019, 04:14 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
I made rude gestures toward mine!
Old 04-21-2019, 04:51 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketexas View Post
I made rude gestures toward mine!
Not being too cooperative, I take it?

Old 04-24-2019, 09:42 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Liquid Silver Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy2610 View Post
Not being too cooperative, I take it?
Cussing at them doesn't help either...don't ask how I know.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:32 PM

Today I attempted to change the upstream O2 sensor. Apparently, it is welded in the manifold or something. I'll have to attempt to heat it up or something.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:12 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Seat switch panel Re: Flyboy 2610

My switch panel for the seat on my '03 Envoy got busted loose, the side of the seat cushion crushes down on it when exiting the car. Replacing it with a stock one is not likely to do any good. Thinking I might fabricate one. Keep looking at it and thinking how I may attack this. Right now it is just held loosely in place with long wire ties. I am thinking of trying to keep the switches and wiring as it is, just remaking the panel to move it down, maybe forward a bit, and mounting the original switches to it.
My '01 Blazer I'm trying to get rid of is no help for ideas. It is cool though that a lot of diagnostics and repairs I've seen here have also applied to the Blazer.
I think Flyboy may be referring to a "sister" enthusiasts forum to this one, as I've seen a "What have you done to . . ." for a vehicle I bought from my sister to replace the Blazer. These forums scare me sometimes, because mine are the first two vehicles I have had that are so electronic laden. But both forums have given me good info. I make it a habit to read all of the posts from the forum highlight newsletters of both, and have made me aware of certain issues before they became serious. I'm expecting to have to replace the ignition switch on the Envoy sometime in the near future, just from what I read. I also now understand why my tach, and rear window defogger likely doesn't work. Those hopefully will get tackled later this spring.
I'm medically disabled. You can't tell just to look at me. What used to be simple, now takes time. You'd never know I had built race cars from the ground up, by knowing my limitations now.
Sorry to run on , but that's all the pent up stuff that rolls around in my head since I can't do much of these things anymore.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:29 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
DDS-029, the 'other' forum deals with 67-72 F*rd trucks (don't want to get kicked off THIS forum!).
Sorry to hear about your disability. And you're not running on. Sometimes we all just have to vent a little.
I'd not really though about the switch panel being damaged form entering and exiting the vehicle, but now that you bring it up, I can see how that might happen. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:35 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny62 View Post
Cussing at them doesn't help either...don't ask how I know.
I haven't cursed at mine (yet), but I had a few choice words for my wife's '06 TB while trying to figure out how to get the brake light switch retaining clip off! I finally figured out that you have to pry the clip off the end of the brake booster rod pin, then push on the 90 degree bent part of the clip. It will slide towards the pin and come right off. Gave me a terrible time until I figured it out!
Old 04-25-2019, 06:36 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05TB42L-260 View Post
Today I attempted to change the upstream O2 sensor. Apparently, it is welded in the manifold or something. I'll have to attempt to heat it up or something.
I have read that they are easier to remove if the engine is warm. Just don't burn yourself!
Old 04-26-2019, 04:11 AM

2003 GMC Envoy SLE
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy2610 View Post
DDS-029, the 'other' forum deals with 67-72 F*rd trucks (don't want to get kicked off THIS forum!).
Sorry to hear about your disability. And you're not running on. Sometimes we all just have to vent a little.
I'd not really though about the switch panel being damaged form entering and exiting the vehicle, but now that you bring it up, I can see how that might happen. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
Not the forum I was thinking of. The same people who do this forum also own the other. The S-10 Blazer served me well, but it was getting hard to "escape" the nickel and diming it was doing. It still would be good for use, or flipping if somone had the time and the ability to catch up with the things that have ro be done to it. A lot of things that have been repaired over the last few years are too new to just scrap it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in