Colorado Meet - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > TrailVoy Chapters > South

South
AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, CO View Chapter  |  Join Chapter

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:22 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Backwoods Edition Super Offroad Trailblazer
Captain Insano 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LupisNegris77 View Post
Tried some rough stuff this past weekend and almost screwed myself being as i couldnt see the terrain i was going over with all the snow, so between the weather warming up a bit and just wanting to joy ride(not push the limits this time anyway lol)
You ought to add some armor for protection in situations like this. Even easy terrain can become dangerous when you cant see what may be under the snow. One pieces of metal or rock can be expansive and dangerous if you dont have supplies, radio, or additional trucks out with you.

Check out BartonMD for solid cheap protection from someone that cares about Trailvoy members, not profits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 10:06 AM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Yeah after the lift thats my next set of upgrades, I got lucky that i didnt do any real damage, my mistake was the website i was on said that i'd be finishing up the "mellow" part of the trail that i spurred onto. Only problem was the reasoning behind calling it "mellow" was bc of how hardcore the rest of the trail was lol. Needless to say when i realized this i turned my happy self around.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:25 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Black 4.2L I6 4X4
I'm in for the meet (and ride if possible). I'm in Leadville so you guy's home areas aren't to far away.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:39 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Black Granite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Hey Lupis - Who is putting in your lift? I am trying to find someone to do mine! I have come to the conclusion just to pay someone and have it done as soon as it gets here... and have it done right.

Did you hear anything about shipping time from Mark? I never even asked when it would ship, I paid Friday.

I am totally up for a meet in December, probably the 2nd weekend or something, I have a bunch of body work to get done too....since mine is still smashed up in the rear driver door. We went up to Estes last year in hubby's truck and found some awesome trails, that are stock capable if you manuever right...

Going to DMV today to get plates and pay taxes

Count us in for just about anything, just give me a few weeks to blow more money on my truck to get it fixed....

AVAILABLE:

NOV 27/28
DEC 4
DEC 11/12
DEC 18/19
Old 11-16-2010, 12:40 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Anyone want to throw out ideas on WHERE to have a meet? I could do something in the Denver area, as long as it's not too far South.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblizzle View Post
Hey Lupis - Who is putting in your lift? I am trying to find someone to do mine! I have come to the conclusion just to pay someone and have it done as soon as it gets here... and have it done right.

Did you hear anything about shipping time from Mark? I never even asked when it would ship, I paid Friday.

I am totally up for a meet in December, probably the 2nd weekend or something, I have a bunch of body work to get done too....since mine is still smashed up in the rear driver door. We went up to Estes last year in hubby's truck and found some awesome trails, that are stock capable if you manuever right...

Going to DMV today to get plates and pay taxes

Count us in for just about anything, just give me a few weeks to blow more money on my truck to get it fixed....

AVAILABLE:

NOV 27/28
DEC 4
DEC 11/12
DEC 18/19
I'll be putting my lift on here on base. Got an autocraft center with all the required tools so should be easy. As for when its gonna arrive mark said by mid-late this week. So between the lift and the new tires i threw on should have about 5" total from stock. Next up gotta get the HD bilsteins and armor. Hittin up mike for the oil pan/ rad skid plates...maybe the bumper too when i get alil more cash. Just gotta wait and see for now ill let you know how puttin the lift on goes. You can always go to 4 wheel parts to get it put on or any local shop that does suspensions...just make sure whoever does it for ya has experience with actually lifting a vehicle. As for a date sounds like the only time available for a meet will be early december, however ill be still hittin the trails this weekend
Old 11-16-2010, 01:47 PM

Black 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shdwdrgn View Post
Anyone want to throw out ideas on WHERE to have a meet? I could do something in the Denver area, as long as it's not too far South.
Denver area definately sounds like a winner got some decent trails up there EVERYONE should be able to hit without gettin there car fubar lol will Get input from everyone as far as where the exact location to meet would be and also which trail/trail system we might wanna hit up
Old 11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Backwoods Edition Super Offroad Trailblazer
Captain Insano 4.2L I6 4X4
"I'll be putting my lift on here on base. Got an autocraft center with all the required tools so should be easy."

Regulator and I went down to Louisville and did both DJArmy's lifts one weekend on base. The auto center worked well since for 10 or 20 bux they compressed the springs and insalled the lift spacers while we kept working n other stuff.

Originally Posted by trailblizzle

I have done Mark's lift by myself or with help or helped others several times. It is not difficult. There are far tougher mechanical things that could have to be done on the trail, so if you are still learning about working on vehicles, you ought to be doing this yourself for the experience.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Indigo Blue Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by LupisNegris77 View Post
Denver area definately sounds like a winner got some decent trails up there EVERYONE should be able to hit without gettin there car fubar lol will Get input from everyone as far as where the exact location to meet would be and also which trail/trail system we might wanna hit up
Oh I was just hoping for a meet-and-greet, not a trail run. Maybe next Spring/Summer I would be up for a trail run though. I haven't seen much of anything further South than the Boulder area, would be cool to see some new territory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in