DFW Meet 7/23/2011 - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > TrailVoy Chapters > South

South
AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, CO View Chapter  |  Join Chapter

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:06 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Ide consider it, But last time there was an event planed, every one said they were comming, but only 2 or 3 showed up. Ide hate to drive 4 hours each way and have it only be 2 people.
I'm sorry to say, but that's exactly the type of mentality that stops everyone else from coming out... "I'll only come out if X many others come out"...

The way I look at it is this, if only 2-3 come out, it should make it fairly easy to figure out stuff to do, etc... mebbe even go out in search of other "stray" trailvoys and chat them up...

Don't take it (my above comments) personally... I'm not attacking you - I'm more disappointed with the overall malaise that seems to have set in regarding meets in general...
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 01:03 AM
South Chapter

2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer 3LT
Desert Brown Metallic 5.3L V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnGMan View Post
I'm sorry to say, but that's exactly the type of mentality that stops everyone else from coming out... "I'll only come out if X many others come out"...

The way I look at it is this, if only 2-3 come out, it should make it fairly easy to figure out stuff to do, etc... mebbe even go out in search of other "stray" trailvoys and chat them up...

Don't take it (my above comments) personally... I'm not attacking you - I'm more disappointed with the overall malaise that seems to have set in regarding meets in general...
I could not agree more, Very well said.

I have tried to get people involved, and must say I have made quite a few really awesome friends. I guess I'm a little spoiled since a few members are so close.....we have had so many mini-meets it's not even worth trying to count (all had 3 members in attendance) It all boils down to either coming out or not.

I will be at Angelos from 5 to 8....probably later, on the 23rd....either people show or they don't, either way there will definitely be 2 members there...Myself and TX Big G. Hope to see some new faces there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 01:13 AM
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnGMan View Post

It would be differnet if I lived in the general area. Say if the meeting was in Austin or San Antonio, I wouldnt feel bad about driving, but when it would spend around 8 hours driving to and from the meet, it makes it a little different

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
It would be differnet if I lived in the general area. Say if the meeting was in Austin or San Antonio, I wouldnt feel bad about driving, but when it would spend around 8 hours driving to and from the meet, it makes it a little different
Yup, I totally understand... but I guess what I'm saying is make it a "road trip" then... instead of doing all the driving in one day, try and stay overnight or something...

At the end of the day, it's VERY different for everyone and I know it's not easy for people given the various family / work commitments - I get that, but I look at it as if there's a will, there's a road trip to be had...

Cheers!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LS)
Silverstone 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Hey Greg, wanna post some of this propaganda in our own Chapter too? (or ya planning on defecting?)

The distance thing, IMO, though it may be a little bit of a hinderance, for those members who REALLY want to get together and meet fellow TrailVoy culters WILL travel the distance to do so.

I once used to travel 5 hours (one way) to get to meets, do our thing, then drive back. I've since moved and am a little closer now, but still, I feel the "distance" thing is a crutch. A poor one at that.

I feel that the Chapter members need to step up and put their rides where their mouths are and show up. Lip service does nothing.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:44 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
blood red 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBlazer View Post
I could not agree more, Very well said.

I have tried to get people involved, and must say I have made quite a few really awesome friends. I guess I'm a little spoiled since a few members are so close.....we have had so many mini-meets it's not even worth trying to count (all had 3 members in attendance) It all boils down to either coming out or not.

wait! you have mini meets?! in houston! i knew u had one last weekend but i was in austin! hey man if your ever down to drink some beers and talk some truck.. let.me.know! you got my number! just lemme know in advance! i really dont live far from you! ill just hope on the belt and zoom there. stopping by a bluewave car wash first of course!lolol
Old 07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
South Chapter

I told you to Bring It Gabe......we had Beer and food....shot pool and played darts!!!
Old 07-19-2011, 06:20 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
blood red 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBlazer View Post
I told you to Bring It Gabe......we had Beer and food....shot pool and played darts!!!
daaaaaang!!! party at chris's saturday night! darts and pool just pushed me over the edge! hold up lemme find my party pants real quick!
Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 PM
South Chapter

Come on Gabe....I'll be in DFW at the Meet at Angelos from 5 till ?????? on Saturday!! See y'all there!!

Maybe Sat the 30th in Cypress
Old 07-20-2011, 01:16 AM
South Chapter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in