Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Hockey Stick Stripe.

17K views 37 replies 19 participants last post by  04 LT 
#1 ·
I finally got my hockey stick stripe done!
I used green for the mock up because I had a bunch of it laying around.
I will be offering them for sale very soon!:D

See less See more
#7 ·
:undecided
looks nice :thumbsup:
you gonna keep the green or play w/ other colors?
for yours you should go w/ jagged edges (voltage) just an idea.
The green looks better then I thought but I will be replacing it with something different.
Me likey!!! May be sending you a PM soon. Now if I would only take the time to get rid of that stupid pinstripe!
I'll be ready!

All so these will be highly customizable!
I'll be able to place a custom cut out in a couple of places in the decal.

A couple of examples.

#12 ·
The design can be changed some. The most critical part is the front drop down part. Getting it to follow the fender lines and to match the angle of the fender by the head light.
I can taper it more. The thing is when I do the point at the back gets real fine and doesn't leave much vinyl to stick well.
I don't know what you mean by chrome / shadow backer vinyl?
It will be a 3 piece or 4 if you want it extended to the rear quarter panel.
I am hoping to keep the price around $75

#17 ·
My third brake light, a couple bowties, most of mine I did are not straight, the rear midwest decal will be tried this week, but not sure I csan get it right.

It is just amazing how well you and the wife work together and get things perfect...

#37 ·
For what it's worth, I just had to have some body work done (thank you Missouri winters... :duh: ) and the insurance company was giving like $40 to replace the front door molding, but since I've been wanting to remove them anyways, and my dad owns the body shop doing the work, I just had them all removed. I was really worried that with a nearly 9 year old truck, in bright red of all colors, there would be a good deal of fading which would cause brighter areas where those moldings were originally. Luckily, even on my '02 after removing them, there was no fading at all, so as long as it hasn't sat in direct sunlight for the last few years, you should be in business for removing them.

As for heating them up, I didn't want to risk causing the paint to bubble, or worse, deforming the moldings in the off chance that I ever wanted to put them back on, so what I did was use the same technique I use when 'shaving' emblems, which is taking fishing line and wrapping it around a dowel rod (or screwdriver, fingers :cry:, or anything else like that) on each end, and sort of flossing along the back of the emblem. If you're careful, it will cut through the 3M tape and allow the molding to just come right off without deforming it in any way. I then usually use my fingers to rub off the left over residue, but since the door skin is metal, I just took a pneumatic rubber wheel to it and it stripped the tape right off (not a good idea on plastic or rubber bumpers. I gouged my Audi's back bumper pretty severely by not exercising caution with a rubber wheel). Sorry for the really long post, but I hope my :m2: helps!

And as a final note, these trucks look SO SO SO much better without moldings. I went back and forth on doing it or not, but once I finally did, I don't know how I ever lived with them on there. The lines are SUPER clean without the moldings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.