here's a few pics of the front hitch. (sorry if they are bad quality, i'm new and learning how to transfer pics from phone to computer and then re-size to post on here
) I didn't like the aftermarket bolt on versions, since they were so low. I want to be able to use my winch (mounted in a removable basket on by s-10), so getting it up out of the dirt was a must. I bought the receiver tube chunk from Runnings, and put it in.
After much "take it apart to see whats inside/ put it back together" I found that the factory cross tube was directly behind the location I wanted the hitch. I wanted the hitch to come out of the black plastic part, not white, since it would be less noticeable when not used. I also made it so that it only sticks out JUST enough to get the receiver pin in.
now the factory cross tube isn't strong enough to weld to only, so I bought some 3/8" x 2" and tied it in to the frame as shown. all done, welded, painted (a light texture to match the black plastic), it's stout! no deflection, bending, twisting, NOTHING. I put a huge solid bar (3') in it, and started to lift the front end at the end of the breaker bar, and it moved up about an 1/8" with tires off the ground. Not bad in my book. I feel way more comfortable taking the wife and daughter out on logging roads exploring by ourselves knowing I have a winch for extraction if needed. Now I just have to make the extension cord for the winch (it has quick disconnects for use on front and rear of my blazer.