Anyone just leaving there TBSS stock?? - Page 2 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer SS Chat

TrailBlazer SS Chat The TrailBlazer SS Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-06-2007, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
They were a little bit more unique if I remember back that far. I know people want the SS to be like a GN or something but it was never intended to be a collectors item. Expect a 20-30% drop in value the first year and you'll enjoy the car.

Remember that when the SS first came out, people were dropping $40-$45k to get one. Now it is around $30-35k maybe.
It happens with all the first year. You never no what people will take a likeing to in years to come. Two words BARRETT JACKSON WHO would have thought a GM bus would have sold for 4 million, last year.now i understand this is a suv but you never I have a few other cars in my stable like my 69 SS 396/375 hp Chevelle matching #s car with 37,000 orig miles (was my dads) around $3,675 new now worth 20 times that.Do i think that the SS trailblazer is going to do the same prob NOT but it will have a place in history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADSS View Post
Sorry dude...nothing too special about the SS. Too many built already. Go to any lot and you can find one sitting there. I don't think our dealers here even had a Sy or Ty.
I agree. The SS is a dime a dozen right now. It was hard to even see a Typhoon when they came out. Plus the Typhoon was a ton more money when you factor in the value of it back in the day. The TBSS would have to cost $60,000 to be equal in present value.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:14 AM

I planned to leave mine stock, until I realized 400 hp in a Trailblazer is not that exiting Probably because I came from my 5 speed 05 GT. It feels great for a while but within a few weeks I wanted more. I still want it reliable and to remain a full daily driver but other than that I want all the power I can get from this pig. Now $$ is the only restraint I have

Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 AM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquiddi View Post
I agree. The SS is a dime a dozen right now. It was hard to even see a Typhoon when they came out. Plus the Typhoon was a ton more money when you factor in the value of it back in the day. The TBSS would have to cost $60,000 to be equal in present value.
Not exactly a dime a dozen. I was in LA (4 million people) the last two weeks and I went to 14 Chevrolet dealerships to try to show my Dad what I bought and no dealer had them. When asked, they said "we might get one in next week". They are by no means rare, but you do not see them every day (unless your in New Jersey, for some reason). When in LA, I saw 2 of them on the road in 2 weeks.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:30 AM
No longer with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
They were a little bit more unique if I remember back that far. I know people want the SS to be like a GN or something but it was never intended to be a collectors item. Expect a 20-30% drop in value the first year and you'll enjoy the car.

Remember that when the SS first came out, people were dropping $40-$45k to get one. Now it is around $30-35k maybe.
Anyone who paid $40-45k for an SS didn't do any negotiating . I got mine in Dec 2005 and I paid $34k for mine before incentives and rebates and trading my 02 TB LTZ (I owned it) . $23,600 out the door . ( I know that's not the norm)
Old 01-07-2007, 09:10 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian SS View Post
Not exactly a dime a dozen. I was in LA (4 million people) the last two weeks and I went to 14 Chevrolet dealerships to try to show my Dad what I bought and no dealer had them. When asked, they said "we might get one in next week". They are by no means rare, but you do not see them every day (unless your in New Jersey, for some reason). When in LA, I saw 2 of them on the road in 2 weeks.
I live in a town with 40000 people and there's like 17 running around and about 10 at the dealer.lol Now the SRT8 Jeep there is none, and that still won't be worth anything. Believe it or not I was reading in a collector car magazine, and they said the Pontiac Aztec will be a collectors item..go figure lol
Old 01-08-2007, 03:41 AM

Red Jewel Tintcoat 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I have seen exactly 3 on the road since they came out--2 here in Portland (both silver--maybe the same one) and one in Seattle. Perhaps they're common in other areas, but not here. As far as dealers having a lot of them, my dealer had to get mine from Tacoma, WA to find one that I wanted, and there were only 3 in Portland dealer's stock. It's not LA, but there are about 1 million in the Portland metro area, so it's not exactly rural. As far as future value, it will certainly be worth more than the regular TB's, and a stock car will ALWAYS have a greater value than a modified one.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:57 AM

I agree, not exactly common here either. I've seen about 5 and two were during spring break so they probably aren't even locals. I've seen more C6 Z06's here if you can believe it I've seen one SRT-8 and I was able to stop and talk to him for a while, cool guy
Old 01-13-2007, 10:10 PM

I will be leaving the SS stock until I decide if I'm keeping it or not. I want a tune and exhaust, but why spend the money if I'm getting something else by the end of the year.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:39 PM

I live in a pretty small town and there are 5 of them around here already. I see one every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in