Anyone just leaving there TBSS stock?? - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer SS Chat

TrailBlazer SS Chat The TrailBlazer SS Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-15-2007, 04:02 PM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
I live in Phoenix and there are not than many of them around(yet). I have seen maybe 10 in the last six months. Anyways its the best SUV for the price especially for those of us with kids, that still want to have a little fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 07:00 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Superior Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
it will probably never compare to the Sy/Ty. only like 7500 of them built over a 3 year period. we exceeded that the first year of production. i wouldn't say they'll be totally worthless in years to come, but i doubt they'll become a highly saught after collector item (like the Sy/Ty or GN)

hate to say it, but the jeeps probably have a better chance since they're production numbers were so low. if i'm remembering right i think there were less than 4000 of those produced. and you'll have a lot easier time finding one of those stock with their lack of aftermarket

and on the production note. even though there were several produced they are kind of dropping like flies due to wrecks. there are a total of 7 here in town. 2 on a dealer lot, 2 guys imported theirs, 2 were bought locally, and 1 bought semi-locally. of those 7 there are still 2 07s on the lot, 2 of 06s were wrecked, 1 06 has traded hands into a "car collector" and there are 2 06s are owned. actually, my 06 was bought used (3400 miles on it) and one guy (member here actually) had one and wrecked it. then bought another and then sold his to the car collector guy. lol, to sum it up: there are 3 SS owned in town and 2 07s on the lot
Old 01-16-2007, 09:42 PM

Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by matts View Post
it will probably never compare to the Sy/Ty. only like 7500 of them built over a 3 year period. we exceeded that the first year of production. i wouldn't say they'll be totally worthless in years to come, but i doubt they'll become a highly saught after collector item (like the Sy/Ty or GN)

hate to say it, but the jeeps probably have a better chance since they're production numbers were so low. if i'm remembering right i think there were less than 4000 of those produced. and you'll have a lot easier time finding one of those stock with their lack of aftermarket

and on the production note. even though there were several produced they are kind of dropping like flies due to wrecks. there are a total of 7 here in town. 2 on a dealer lot, 2 guys imported theirs, 2 were bought locally, and 1 bought semi-locally. of those 7 there are still 2 07s on the lot, 2 of 06s were wrecked, 1 06 has traded hands into a "car collector" and there are 2 06s are owned. actually, my 06 was bought used (3400 miles on it) and one guy (member here actually) had one and wrecked it. then bought another and then sold his to the car collector guy. lol, to sum it up: there are 3 SS owned in town and 2 07s on the lot
I am not worried about resale value since I do not plan to sell mine, but on another note I sold my 1996 Impala SS (over 49,000 produced) for an excellent price (14K) to buy my TBSS. I was surprised that the market value was that much (I paid 26K for it in 1996). If that will be any indicator of what a nice used TBSS will be worth 10 years old, I will be happy. Believe it or not those '94-'96 Impala SS's still command good prices in good condition (cult following?) and they made quite a few of those. I guess it will depend also on how many years GM plans to produce the TBSS. Only time will tell, But you are right, SY/TY's are commanding nice prices as well and hard to find.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 PM

Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Virgin SS

you dont buy it to look at it. you want to be able to kick [email protected]#
Old 01-17-2007, 08:05 AM

Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Unless that money tree I planted last year comes into bloom this spring, ours will remain stock for a long time.

Ideally, I hope that in 2 years, I am positioned to buy my wife another new car so I can take the TBSS full time for myself and get rid of my 04.5 VW Jetta GLi and my 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2L V8. I think the TBSS takes both the Jetta “sportiness” and Jeep “4x4” and combines them into one, so no need for 2 vehicles.

If this happens, then here comes the supercharger, headers, exhaust, and chip.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 AM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
After many vehicles that I modded heavily, I have decided to leave the TBSS near stock. Modding is fun, but financially and functionally I have ended up, in the end, regretting every time that I modded a car with any significance. It is fun while you do it, but when it comes time to sell or time to fix/repair it (especially when it still would have been under warranty) it always seems to be a 'hind site is 20/20' type of situation. Just to clarify, I am talking almost exclusively about performance mods. Tasteful appearance or functionality mods (i.e. towing stuff etc) really are fine. Just realize that in 99% of cases you will never see the money you spend on mods again when it comes time to sell, of course that applies to all mods. Anyways, the TBSS is fun and good looking directly from the factory as it is, and you are never going to be even close to the fastest car around in a TB anyways, so just make sure you are happy with it.

That being said my current and planned mod list is:
Tune - soon
K&N stock replacement filter - done
Rear wind deflector - soon
Hood bugflector - soon
Full grafwerks overlays - in the mail
Billet front bowtie - installing this weekend
SS hitch cover - in the mail
Front side window tint - soon
Rear cargo tray - soon
Black chrome rear license plate frame - done
Gorilla wheel locks - done

Once I finish that list my TBSS will be done and done just right as far as I am concerned.

But to each his own, all individual's needs and situations vary, as will their vehicles and mods.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:27 AM

BSG, sent you a PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 PM

2006 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LS)
Black 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG View Post
That being said my current and planned mod list is:
Tune - soon
K&N stock replacement filter - done
Rear wind deflector - soon
Hood bugflector - soon
Full grafwerks overlays - in the mail
Billet front bowtie - installing this weekend
SS hitch cover - in the mail
Front side window tint - soon
Rear cargo tray - soon
Black chrome rear license plate frame - done
Gorilla wheel locks - done

Once I finish that list my TBSS will be done and done just right as far as I am concerned.
That's a classic case of denial you got there. It's okay, just accept it and go with it.

2013 Triple Black ZL1 - 535/511 rwhp/tq BONE STOCK
Old 01-17-2007, 10:44 PM

Black 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
That's a classic case of denial you got there. It's okay, just accept it and go with it.
Yeah, yeah. The real trick will be if I am able to stop there. I will probably have that whole list done with the exception of the tune within the next 2 weeks. I really am going to hold off on the tune for a while. I would like to get at least a few thousand break in miles on before it gets tuned...these LSX engines don't really reach full potential until around 5k miles.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:34 AM

can anyone tell me if there is a direct fit rubber/winter mat set available for the TBSS? Saw some on ebay, but wasn't sure and for $150, I want to be sure I get something that is good and fits properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in