Saab 9-7x Aero - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > The Lounge > TrailBlazer SS Chat

TrailBlazer SS Chat The TrailBlazer SS Owners and Enthusiast lounge. (no tech questions)

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:22 AM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
Silverstone Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
Saab 9-7x Aero

So we just made a deal to trade in the 04 TB LS for an 09 Saab 9-7x Aero. went for the sdaab since i needed to have a roof rack, anything i should knwo or be concerned about these?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (1SS)
Imperial Blue Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
Only thing to be concerned with would be the same issues an AWD Trailblazer SS would have: transmission and AWD system, especially if you drive it hard. Change all the fluids as soon as you get it.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 AM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
what are the AWD issues and transmission issues? what's ths fluid chaneg intervals?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:22 AM
TrailVoy Alumni

Just failure of the components (transmission, transfer case, or front differential). It's just like anything else though, something could break a week after you get it or it could never break. Of course things get exaggerated on forums (meaning people are more likely to make it known when they're experience is bad vs. good). You might want to check out TBSSowners.com for better (more specific) information on the SS/Aero. I love my truck (I traded my 02 I6 for it), but just be aware that something will probably break if you beat the crap out of it every day. I'm going to be installing Fast Motorsports' shift performance kit that is known to make the transmission much more durable. The good thing though is just driving it normally, it doesn't have to rev that high since the engine makes so much power. Also with the one you're getting being an 09, you've probably got at least a year of powertrain warranty left. How many miles are on it?
Old 04-29-2012, 05:37 PM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
38k on it 1 year left of full factory warrenty, curious if powertrain was higher the the 4yr/50k in 09
Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

You should be fine. I would go ahead and service the transmission (filter change) and replace the fluids in the differentials and transfer case just to be proactive and especially to make sure they're not low. If you want to PM me the VIN I can check Monday when the warranty expires.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:21 AM

2008 SAAB 9-7x
Black Granite Metallic 6.0L LS2 V8 AWD
I picked up my aero back in October. From the research I have done if it is a tbss problem its a 9-7x problem. The only other complaints 9-7x specific that I have come across is the ignition going out. My personal issue is at 50k my rear suspension makes more noise over bumps then my explorer with 157k.

On a much lighter note welcome to the 9-7x aero family. Due to the limited number made there are not to many of us around. Post some pics either here or there is a 9-7x pic thread over on saab central.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:06 PM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
fullcollapse, i'll have to check out saab central as well. i'm told we have one of i think 21 silver 09 aeros
Old 05-30-2012, 01:38 PM

2007 Buick Rainier
Imperial Blue Metallic 5.3L V8 AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHawkMike View Post
38k on it 1 year left of full factory warrenty, curious if powertrain was higher the the 4yr/50k in 09
The Buick and SAAB have a much longer bumper to bumper warranty period over the GMC and Chevy. Cadillacs do as well. I've also got an all options 9-7x but avoided the Aero and went for the mileage of the 5.3. All options on the 9-7x means Nav, rear DVD and 5.3 ignoring the Altitude edition running boards. Enough oomph when I want to have fun but as my commuter car, decent enough mileage to justify an SUV. I've seen two other 9-7x's in 6 months and they were both the basic I6 models. Looks like it's been a month since you bought the Aero...how do you like it?
Old 05-31-2012, 08:58 AM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
We've really been enjoying i over the past month, it's the wife's daily driver.

The fit, finihs and interior quality is much better then the old trailblazer, no squeaks, rattles or any of that.

Had to use it to haul some stuff to the garbage dump this weekend, and felt bad it was still all new and clean. been getting ltos of positive comments about it when we drive it around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in