Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Trailblazer SS #1 Gets Tune

15K views 76 replies 26 participants last post by  TB SS 
#1 · (Edited)
A TrailVoy Exclusive ;) The First SS recieved the first of many aftermarket calibration adjustments to the E40 ECU today. This is a joint effort between my company (White Automotive & Media Services) and Vector Motorsports, a VERY well known tuner in the Metro Detroit area that has lots of high profile shops for clients ;)

Here is a quick rundown of what was changed today:
Top Speed Limiter (Stock 130) Removed
High Octane Spark Table Tweaked for Low RPM and overall performance
Power Enrichment Mode Enable Lowered
Axle Torque Limiters Removed (Maxed Out)
Launch Control timing retard removed
All other engine related torque/abuse mode management removed (includes torque reduction per gear by RPM)

This product is still in beta and once we get to work on the Transmission Control Module (TCM) the gains will be incredible. This truck really can benefit from some slightly higher shift points as well as higher line pressure and lower commanded shift times.

So how does it work you ask? Well those of you who said your trucks were pretty dead below 3000 will be astounded, there is no longer any throttle lag and it launches and accelerates considerably harder. Final HP and ET reductions will be announced after we hit the dyno and do a complete tune rather than just a road tune. All I can tell you is stock the truck hit another 5.3 0-60 and ran a 13.9@100 with a passenger and a half a tank of gas and it's CONSIDERABLY quicker now.

The good news for you guys is this calibration (and TCM calibration when completed) will be available to TrailVoy members exclusively for $399 (you must ship in your ECM/TCM) with a same day turn around service!

Other fun things we learned today:

1. Torque management sucks :)
2. My AWD SS weighs in at 4875lbs with 3/4 of a tank
3. AWD launches with TM removed are even more fun :)

Keep an eye on this section for updates and other new products for your TBSS (and 5.3L Trail/Voy ;))

See less See more
#13 ·
Fishhunter911 said:
Hey guys... This was done on an SS it has a 6.0L not a 5.3L Although he may be able to hook you guys up as well......
GTPprix said:
Keep an eye on this section for updates and other new products for your TBSS (and 5.3L Trail/Voy )
bout time the v8'ers got some love...

#16 ·
GTPprix said:
A TrailVoy Exclusive ;) The First SS recieved the first of many aftermarket calibration adjustments to the E40 ECU today. This is a joint effort between my company (White Automotive & Media Services) and Vector Motorsports, a VERY well known tuner in the Metro Detroit area that has lots of high profile shops for clients ;)

Here is a quick rundown of what was changed today:
Top Speed Limiter (Stock 130) Removed
High Octane Spark Table Tweaked for Low RPM and overall performance
Power Enrichment Mode Enable Lowered
Axle Torque Limiters Removed (Maxed Out)
Launch Control timing retard removed
All other engine related torque/abuse mode management removed (includes torque reduction per gear by RPM)

This product is still in beta and once we get to work on the Transmission Control Module (TCM) the gains will be incredible. This truck really can benefit from some slightly higher shift points as well as higher line pressure and lower commanded shift times.

So how does it work you ask? Well those of you who said your trucks were pretty dead below 3000 will be astounded, there is no longer any throttle lag and it launches and accelerates considerably harder. Final HP and ET reductions will be announced after we hit the dyno and do a complete tune rather than just a road tune. All I can tell you is stock the truck hit another 5.3 0-60 and ran a 13.9@100 with a passenger and a half a tank of gas and it's CONSIDERABLY quicker now.

The good news for you guys is this calibration (and TCM calibration when completed) will be available to TrailVoy members exclusively for $399 (you must ship in your ECM/TCM) with a same day turn around service!

Other fun things we learned today:

1. Torque management sucks :)
2. My AWD SS weighs in at 4875lbs with 3/4 of a tank
3. AWD launches with TM removed are even more fun :)

Keep an eye on this section for updates and other new products for your TBSS (and 5.3L Trail/Voy ;))
are those time the AWD version?

#18 ·
Wow ok time to answer questions :)

1. Yes that 4875lbs was just the truck with 3/4 of a tank. It did also have my Tech 2 in it and an Innovate Wideband as well as some other things but I doubt they added more than 25lbs or so.

2. As far as impact to fuel economy, depending on how the final tune is setup there likely wont be any negative impact whatsoever. However with the amount of timing that we have been able to add so far (assuming it works to our advantage on the dyno) there may actually be a slight improvement ;)

3.SCCA yeah I knew TM sucks ;)

4. Yes those times were for the AWD version, so far it seems the 2WD (at least in other testing) seems to be considerably slower out of the box.

5. I will post the final numbers from the dyno as soon as the testing/tuning is completed. There may not be a HUGE gain in horsepower or torque on paper as the factory calibration is relatively decent. However the big thing here will be the performance increase from the removal of all the nanny controls and the increase in consistency in various temperatures :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.