Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Trailblazer SS #1 Gets Tune

15K views 76 replies 26 participants last post by  TB SS 
#1 · (Edited)
A TrailVoy Exclusive ;) The First SS recieved the first of many aftermarket calibration adjustments to the E40 ECU today. This is a joint effort between my company (White Automotive & Media Services) and Vector Motorsports, a VERY well known tuner in the Metro Detroit area that has lots of high profile shops for clients ;)

Here is a quick rundown of what was changed today:
Top Speed Limiter (Stock 130) Removed
High Octane Spark Table Tweaked for Low RPM and overall performance
Power Enrichment Mode Enable Lowered
Axle Torque Limiters Removed (Maxed Out)
Launch Control timing retard removed
All other engine related torque/abuse mode management removed (includes torque reduction per gear by RPM)

This product is still in beta and once we get to work on the Transmission Control Module (TCM) the gains will be incredible. This truck really can benefit from some slightly higher shift points as well as higher line pressure and lower commanded shift times.

So how does it work you ask? Well those of you who said your trucks were pretty dead below 3000 will be astounded, there is no longer any throttle lag and it launches and accelerates considerably harder. Final HP and ET reductions will be announced after we hit the dyno and do a complete tune rather than just a road tune. All I can tell you is stock the truck hit another 5.3 0-60 and ran a 13.9@100 with a passenger and a half a tank of gas and it's CONSIDERABLY quicker now.

The good news for you guys is this calibration (and TCM calibration when completed) will be available to TrailVoy members exclusively for $399 (you must ship in your ECM/TCM) with a same day turn around service!

Other fun things we learned today:

1. Torque management sucks :)
2. My AWD SS weighs in at 4875lbs with 3/4 of a tank
3. AWD launches with TM removed are even more fun :)

Keep an eye on this section for updates and other new products for your TBSS (and 5.3L Trail/Voy ;))

See less See more
#56 ·
Fishhunter911 said:
Joe, Nucar Chevy in New Castle Delaware has 2 SS's and Williams in Elkton MD has 1. just an FYI
Mine is still sitting at Del Chevy in Paoli. Black on Black with everything except Navy. I have spoken to the sales manager like 8 times, he and the whole sales & service department of this shop are working to get me a hell of a deal.
Check this out... For the same price as what I am paying to buy my 04 LT, I can smart lease the SS no money down, 4 years, 15kmiles, and I get my extended warranty back so about another 1500 back in my pocket... And did I say i need new tires on my ride? What do you think?

#57 ·
Blulytes said:
Mine is still sitting at Del Chevy in Paoli. Black on Black with everything except Navy. I have spoken to the sales manager like 8 times, he and the whole sales & service department of this shop are working to get me a hell of a deal.
Check this out... For the same price as what I am paying to buy my 04 LT, I can smart lease the SS no money down, 4 years, 15kmiles, and I get my extended warranty back so about another 1500 back in my pocket... And did I say i need new tires on my ride? What do you think?
SOunds like the deal I got..... I traded my 02 in got 12000 for it, it was paid off. Did the smart buy with 20000 miles a year, extended warrenty, paint protections. All incentives... paying a lil over 280 a month. Sounds like a deal to me..... is it AWD or 2wd??

#58 ·
Fishhunter911 said:
SOunds like the deal I got..... I traded my 02 in got 12000 for it, it was paid off. Did the smart buy with 20000 miles a year, extended warrenty, paint protections. All incentives... paying a lil over 280 a month. Sounds like a deal to me..... is it AWD or 2wd??
AWD...

280! wow!!! for a 40k truck? How many years, what is your balloon?

12k for an 02? not bad... they want to give me like 15 for an 04 w/ 38k

#61 ·
Fishhunter911 said:
Have you gotten any further on the tune? just curious if I should start saving some$$$$:undecided
Yup worked out the transmission controls today. Next week we'll be on the dyno for the final tune on my truck and then some other trucks in the area will get the tune for beta testing. After that it's going to market! :)

#65 ·
GTPprix said:
Yup worked out the transmission controls today. Next week we'll be on the dyno for the final tune on my truck and then some other trucks in the area will get the tune for beta testing. After that it's going to market! :)
GTPprix, I posted on the other site reguarding the issue on the ecm and tq management removal. Anyways where are you located? Im in Harrison twp. (16&Jefferson) I am definitely interested in doing this on my TBSS. what all does it entail? Could i bring the vehicle to your shop rather then sending out the computer/ thnaks mike

#75 ·
Reduced Operating Temp?

Chris,
I'm curious what your thoughts are about reducing the operating temperature of the LS2 with a thermistat swap. Mine runs at about 210 degrees (on the dash gauge). That seems pretty damn toasty to me. I assume everyone else's SS runs about the same.

Would reducing the operating temperature a bit (say down to 180 degrees) provide any gains? Have you considered this with the tune you are currently working on?

#76 ·
Oddly enough, (at least in my truck) while the ECT gauge reads 210 its actually at 180-195 (ECT reading from my Tech 2) which is right where LS2's like to run. I'm leaving the stat alone for now as it seems to be in prime territory :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.