Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Trailblazer SS Dyno Tuning Results!

9K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  kco4242 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so I've been sitting on my hands a bit (we just moved into a new house so things have been hectic) but the moment you have all been waiting for is here! These runs were done on a AWD Mustang Dyno so the results are a smidgen lower than you would expect to see on a Dynojet. All runs were done on a HOT motor in 70 degree ambients. These are not our best pulls but are a good indication of the average gains from our ECM/TCM tuning. I believe the trucks best hot HP # was 320 to the tires. When we head out to do the dyno testing on the intake, exhaust ect we'll do traditional third gear pulls with the stock tune and this one just for a better comparison.

We did full quarter mile runs on the dyno rather than traditional single gear pulls, we felt this type of constant load was better for real world testing. We started out with a 14.4 (again this is just for gains the truck stock hit a 13.9 on the VBOX and a G-Timer) at 94 MPH and ended up with a 13.8@99 and some change when we were finished. Since the graphs were a little hard to read with all the individual gear shifts ect on them we exported them to excel to better plot the gains per gear and make it more legible. Enjoy!

See less See more
#27 ·
ylab said:
What about using one of the OBDII cables they market for pulling/resetting trouble codes and performing other tests from Auterra or AutoEnginuity to perform the flash? They both support CAN in their latest incarnations and work via a PC (notebook) or Palm/PPC (Autterra is Palm & AutoEnginuity is PPC)......if you could write a flasher to their cable driver, might be something to consider. - They both use a pretty basic box/circuit, just with different IDs that the software looks for.

I am a A/V systems control programmer and that made me dizzy :rotfl: :raspberry

#29 ·
LeonPhelps said:
How will this work ???? Will we have to send the ecu in, or is it something we can do on our own ??? I cant afford to be without my ride for very long, and I live in Toronto, so I would imagine that if I had to send out the ecu that it would take a few days.
I see there is another TBSS in Toronto, I had the only one for a month or so LOL, I am drivin' Black on Black! It's nice to see another one! Maybe we can have a mini-SS convention! LOL

Cheers, drop me a line if you like!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.