3 warning lights and low power - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum



Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Vortec 4.2L I-6 Engine and Drivetrain > Air Induction

Air Induction Performance Air Intake/Air Induction Modifications

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 AM
nperetz nperetz is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 8
3 warning lights and low power

Hello experts,

Can you please help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having for a couple of weeks with my 06 4.2L TB with 150000km?

Once in a while I'm starting the engine and there are 3 warning lights on:
Check engine + Stabilitrack off + reduced engine power. When I start to drive the power and acceleration is limited.
Unfortunately my code scanner was not able to read the code (for the first time) however the dealer said it is a throttle body issue and cleaned it. It helped for a few days but the problem came back and the dealer recommended to replace the throttle body.

Does it sound right?

I'm looking for a cheap pre -owned replacement part however I'm a bit confused about the part number, I believe it is 217-2296 but some listings on ebay indicate different numbers although I believe the product is the same.

Will this one match my car:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F362202269379

It was taken off a 03 Envoy.

Thanks in advance,
Noam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:59 AM
TB-Al's Avatar
TB-Al TB-Al is online now
Member
 
2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pleasure Island, Al.
Posts: 208
Doesn't sound at all reasonable to me. Sounds a lot more like a dealer more interested in cleaning your wallet. If you have a CEL then you are going to have codes. The throttle body would have nothing to do with Stabilitrak. These are computers you are looking at and voltage is a typical area to start looking when computer start giving wacky results. Is voltage OK both running and stopped? And you say "Once in a while". How often? That could again be a voltage issue because of a connector at ECM or BCM or a ground. Any thing seem related to when this occurs?
__________________
"It is useless to do with more what can be done with less." William of Occam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM
nperetz nperetz is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB-Al View Post
Doesn't sound at all reasonable to me. Sounds a lot more like a dealer more interested in cleaning your wallet. If you have a CEL then you are going to have codes. The throttle body would have nothing to do with Stabilitrak. These are computers you are looking at and voltage is a typical area to start looking when computer start giving wacky results. Is voltage OK both running and stopped? And you say "Once in a while". How often? That could again be a voltage issue because of a connector at ECM or BCM or a ground. Any thing seem related to when this occurs?
The dealer is honest but he is not 100% sure about the root cause.
The throttle body was cleaned about two weeks ago, before that the problem happened almost every day and I had to turn ignition off and on a few times until it started with CEL only. Unfortunately I can't read the code but will try again.
About the voltage, I didn't notice anything special but will check again.
I do suspect it is a throttle body since today when it happened the revs went up and down and the engine worked very roughly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
  #4  
Old 07-11-2018, 12:57 PM
miketexas miketexas is offline
Member
 
2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Black 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 351
First you need to know the codes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 07-11-2018, 02:22 PM
nperetz nperetz is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketexas View Post
First you need to know the codes!
Hopefully I will get them soon, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 07-13-2018, 02:05 AM
nperetz nperetz is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketexas View Post
First you need to know the codes!
I went back to the dealer and he pulled the codes for me:

P0106
P060E
P2119

Do you think it worth replacing the throttle body? I'm considering getting a pre-owned part from eBay as a new once costs a little fortune where I live...

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180711_084643.jpg‎
Views:	29
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	37445   Click image for larger version

Name:	1st code - P0106.jpg‎
Views:	30
Size:	777.0 KB
ID:	37447   Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd code - P060E.jpg‎
Views:	36
Size:	1,000.7 KB
ID:	37449   Click image for larger version

Name:	3rd code P2119.jpg‎
Views:	40
Size:	931.0 KB
ID:	37451  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 07-13-2018, 08:53 AM
princej99 princej99 is online now
Member
 
2008 GMC Envoy SLE
Bordeaux Red Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: ont
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by nperetz View Post
I went back to the dealer and he pulled the codes for me:

P0106
P060E
P2119

Do you think it worth replacing the throttle body? I'm considering getting a pre-owned part from eBay as a new once costs a little fortune where I live...

Thanks!
hi, its possible that your throttle body is indeed the cause.

the codes you provided indicate a mismatch of sensors and there respective values. that is why the computer is reporting the check engine codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 07-13-2018, 10:04 AM
TB-Al's Avatar
TB-Al TB-Al is online now
Member
 
2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 2WD
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pleasure Island, Al.
Posts: 208
P0106 - MAP/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem https://www.obd-codes.com/p0106
A P0106 could be caused by:
• Bad MAP sensor
• Water/dirt intrusion affecting MAP sensor connector
• Intermittent open in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
• Intermittent short in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
• Ground problem due to corrosion causing intermittent signal problem
•A break in the flexible air intake duct between the MAF and the intake manifold
• Bad PCM (do not assume the PCM is bad until you've exhausted all other possibilities)

P060E Internal Control Module Throttle Position https://www.obd-codes.com/p060e
Causes for this code may include:
•Defective controller or programming error
•Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
•Insufficient control module ground
•Defective TPS or APP sensor
•Corroded electrical connectors
•Open or shorted circuits between the TPS/APP sensor and the PCM
•Faulty DBW actuator motor

P2119 Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range https://www.obd-codes.com/p2119
Possible causes of this code may include:
•Faulty throttle body
•Dirty throttle plate or linkage
•Faulty throttle position sensor
•Defective accelerator pedal position sensor
•Throttle actuator control motor is defective
•Corroded or damaged connector
•Faulty or damaged wiring
•Faulty PCM

Notice that P106 and P060E have nothing to do with the throttle body. P2119 might be caused by a very dirty throttle body where the plate won't open or close but there are a lot of other possibilities. But they could all be caused by poor connectors near the throttle body that could have been reseated when cleaning the throttle body.
__________________
"It is useless to do with more what can be done with less." William of Occam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 07-13-2018, 12:28 PM
nperetz nperetz is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB-Al View Post
P0106 - MAP/Barometric Pressure Circuit Range/Performance Problem https://www.obd-codes.com/p0106
A P0106 could be caused by:
• Bad MAP sensor
• Water/dirt intrusion affecting MAP sensor connector
• Intermittent open in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
• Intermittent short in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
• Ground problem due to corrosion causing intermittent signal problem
•A break in the flexible air intake duct between the MAF and the intake manifold
• Bad PCM (do not assume the PCM is bad until you've exhausted all other possibilities)

P060E Internal Control Module Throttle Position https://www.obd-codes.com/p060e
Causes for this code may include:
•Defective controller or programming error
•Open or shorted circuit or connectors in the CAN harness
•Insufficient control module ground
•Defective TPS or APP sensor
•Corroded electrical connectors
•Open or shorted circuits between the TPS/APP sensor and the PCM
•Faulty DBW actuator motor

P2119 Throttle Actuator Control Throttle Body Range https://www.obd-codes.com/p2119
Possible causes of this code may include:
•Faulty throttle body
•Dirty throttle plate or linkage
•Faulty throttle position sensor
•Defective accelerator pedal position sensor
•Throttle actuator control motor is defective
•Corroded or damaged connector
•Faulty or damaged wiring
•Faulty PCM

Notice that P106 and P060E have nothing to do with the throttle body. P2119 might be caused by a very dirty throttle body where the plate won't open or close but there are a lot of other possibilities. But they could all be caused by poor connectors near the throttle body that could have been reseated when cleaning the throttle body.
Hi TB-AI,
Can't this all be the result of a faulty throttle body? It does look like a good cleanup mitigates the problem for some time.
Maybe the MAP sensor is just reacting to the changes caused by the TB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 07-13-2018, 12:30 PM
nperetz nperetz is offline
Junior Member
 
2006 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Dark Green Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Israel
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by princej99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nperetz View Post
I went back to the dealer and he pulled the codes for me:

P0106
P060E
P2119

Do you think it worth replacing the throttle body? I'm considering getting a pre-owned part from eBay as a new once costs a little fortune where I live...

Thanks!
hi, its possible that your throttle body is indeed the cause.

the codes you provided indicate a mismatch of sensors and there respective values. that is why the computer is reporting the check engine codes.
Hi princej99,
Sounds reasonable, so far it looks as my best shot would be a TB replacement.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location
Where you live (ex: Philadephia, PA)
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


» Sponsors

Advertising Info

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Chevy TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy Enthusiasts - Copyright © 2004 - 2009 All Rights Reserved.
All trademarks referenced herein are property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed