2007 Trailblazer Steering Wheel Shake at Random Times - Page 3 - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 Brakes, Suspension, Wheels and Tires > Suspension

Suspension Suspension

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-10-2010, 02:54 PM

2009 Chevy Malibu
Red Jewel Tintcoat Other 2WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielGlynn View Post
I have been having the same problem with the 08 TBLT I just bought. Only 28,000 but it occasionally (Once every few weeks) shakes violently when on the highway. Brand new tires, breaks and rotors and completely in balance. I took it to the dealership and they spent 8 hours inspecting it and said it's fine. After having the shaking again a few weeks later and reading this forum I took it back and suggested the MC and Break Boost. They said they will look at it again but unless they can get it to have the problem while they are driving it they wont replace anything. Is there something visual they can look for in the MC and Break Boost to convince them that they need to be replaced? I nearly lost control on a bridge in Missouri while on vacation last weekend.
Hello,

I do apologize for the problem you are having. The forum has given you the correct information; there is a bulletin that describes these symptoms. I would take it back to the dealership to have it serviced. If you need help setting an appointment, or if you have trouble getting this fixed, please let me know. I will be happy to contact them and look further into the situation.

Geoff Allen
GM Customer Service
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2010, 09:36 AM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark spiral gray 4.2L I6 4X4
I have an 03 TB EXT and have kind of the same problem, but mine doesn't do it at high way speeds, as a matter of fact it does not do it when I'm on the road, it does it while i'm parking, when i turn my wheels all the way to the right(reverse or drive), i have not noticed it turning to the left and again it doesn't do it all the time, only once in a while!!
Old 11-14-2010, 11:35 AM

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Steering Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by palafoja View Post
I have an 03 TB EXT and have kind of the same problem, but mine doesn't do it at high way speeds, as a matter of fact it does not do it when I'm on the road, it does it while i'm parking, when i turn my wheels all the way to the right(reverse or drive), i have not noticed it turning to the left and again it doesn't do it all the time, only once in a while!!
I would guess that your problem is related to low fluid level in power steering pump, air in power steering system, or a bad power steering pump. Perhaps someone else here could advise on the service procedures or you could google the symptom. I don't have a shop manual for your TB.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:38 PM

2003 Chevy TrailBlazer LT EXT
Dark spiral gray 4.2L I6 4X4
thanks, I'll check into that!! my fluid level is ok, but maybe there is air in the system
Old 11-14-2010, 07:17 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Steering

Quote:
Originally Posted by palafoja View Post
thanks, I'll check into that!! my fluid level is ok, but maybe there is air in the system
Standing still in park slowly turn the steering wheel all the way to the left until it hits the stops and then turn all the way to the right. Repeat this cycle three times. Turn off the engine and check the fluid level adding if necessary. That should bleed any air out.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:16 PM

2008 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (LT)
Monterey Maroon Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Dealerships know EVERYTHING

I printed the forum and tried to show the dealer a video I took of me having the problem. They treated me like dirt and informed me that most of what is on the internet is garbage by people who are not experts and that the MC and brake boost should not be an issue. I told them I would not be driving the TB until it was fixed and safe to drive. 3 days later they replaced the MC and brake boost and POOF! Problem solved.
Thank you to the previous posters that helped me figure out the issue. Glad the "non-experts" gave me the expert advice to get this fixed.
Cheers,
G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Customer Svc View Post
Hello,

I do apologize for the problem you are having. The forum has given you the correct information; there is a bulletin that describes these symptoms. I would take it back to the dealership to have it serviced. If you need help setting an appointment, or if you have trouble getting this fixed, please let me know. I will be happy to contact them and look further into the situation.

Geoff Allen
GM Customer Service
Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 PM

Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
Sorry about the treatment from the dealer. Fortunately, that attitude is an exception and probably not how dealership management feels. I'm glad they completed the repair. You shouldn't have any more problems.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:49 PM

2003 GMC Envoy SLT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
03 Envoy

I recently sold my 03 Envoy with 135,000Km. on it to a friend and they had this issue while heading up north on their holidays. Very High heat on Calipers, wheels and tires. They took it to a garage and were told the callipers were seized and they replaced the callipers and pads and they were on the way again. An hour later the same thing happened and the shaking started. This issue has persisted but is intermittent. I covered the cost of the new clappers and pads and any future repairs to correct the shaking but I do not want to pay for endless diagnosis. Is it possible to have the same issue that 07 to 09 TB have on an 03 Envoy. Never had this issue when I owned the vehicle until a few months ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
shaking, steering wheel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in