PCMforless Introduction Special - $99 tuning! - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > Vendor Member Section > PCM of NC

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:27 PM
PCMofNC.com - Sponsor

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Summit White 6.0L LS2 V8 2WD
PCMforless Introduction Special - $99 tuning!

Hello TrailVoy enthusiasts!

We are excited to announce that we are now offering tuning for I6 Trailblazers/Envoys (also Colorados & Canyons) at an introductory price of $99. We have been in the tuning business since what seems like the beginning of time - chances are you may have heard about us already if you know anyone with a modified GM. PCMforless has also been featured in GM High Tech in just about half their issues every year.

So why is it so cheap?

While we are well known within the f-body, corvette, and truck world, we now want folks to know that we are doing Trailblazers/Envoys as well. We feel like we have a great product to offer to you - and what better way to get it out there than to make it ridiculously affordable. And if you don't like it - we'll buy it back!

We have the ability to retune the trucks for all sorts of modifications - but this is something that someone with even a stock truck can benefit from. We love our 2005 Trailblazer, but it had too much of that "big honking truck" feeling to it...you know - it didn't feel like it wanted to get out of its own way, shifts took all day, gas mileage was sub par. After playing around with our truck, we really fell in love with it...and hope that you will too!

Here at PCMforless we can also provide a core computer, just in case your truck is a daily driver and you can't afford to be without it. The core charge is $99, and is 100% refunded when we receive your stock PCM. You are more than welcome to keep the PCM and not receive a refund, we just ask you to please notify us so that we know how many cores to expect back.

Before we tune any PCM, we start with the latest calibration straight from GM. This means any computer flashes or updates that may have been done by your dealership are taken care of with us. These can be little things like flashes for a more accurate gas gauge, or a rough idle. In any case, after the PCM is freshly reprogrammed, we build our tune off of that file.

What exactly am I getting for $99?

We are selling a complete tune for $99. We help put a little pep in your engine's step. We make the transmission feel more performance oriented. We can also remove speed limiters, change idle, change tire size, etc to accomodate for all of your modifications. With our personal TrailBlazer, we have noticed an additional and realistic 2-3mpg.

So what are my options for ordering?

1. You can send us your stock PCM up front. Fill out an ordersheet, make a payment, send in your PCM. When we receive the PCM we will tune it and send it back to you. Total cost, $99 + shipping ($15 priority, $30 express).

2. You can use one of our core computers. Fill out an ordersheet, make a payment. We will tune our core computer, send it to you. You install that computer, send us your stock computer (within 21 days). Total cost, $198 + shipping up front, and then $99 refund when we receive your PCM.

What else do I need to know?

1. Chances are you will need to do a VATS relearn. This is a simple procedure that will take 30 minutes. It requires no special tools and very little effort. PCMs come with full instructions on how to do this.

2. There is a very small chance that you may also get SES light to do a CASE relearn. A CASE relearn is simply a procedure for the computer to learn the manufacturing error in the crank case position sensor which is used for detecting misfires. It is a simple procedure that anyone with HPtuners or EFIlive can do (in person). It can also be done at your local dealership (though you would likely be charged around $50 for it).

What about Trailblazer SS?

We have the ability to do these as well, although they are not part of the group buy. For more information on SS's, email [email protected]

How do I place an order?

By phone, or on the internet. Feel free to call between 9am and 7pm eastern standard time, to either order or ask questions. My number is 704-307-4227.

If you want to do it on the internet, visit www.pcmforless.com. Under "ordersheet" you will click on the appropriate vehicle and enter in your information. After submitting the ordersheet, you will be redirected. If not, go to Prices & Ordering, click on your vehicle, and it will lead you to a paypal checkout.

I could sit here and tell you about our services until I am blue in the face - but here are some actual emails/posts from our prior customers, who either got tuned for a Trailblazer or a Colorado/Canyon:

-------------------------

"OK Guys, So I've been in communication with Alvin for several months now waiting for him to finish the I5 and I6 PCM tunes, and this weekend I got two PCM's from Alvin - one for my wife's '05 Trailblazer, and one for my '05 Colorado Xtreme.

The tune for the Trailblazer is SWEET ! You can feel that the car is not laboring as much anymore as soon as you get behind the wheel. The car runs quieter, shifts crisper, has better acceleration, and is just better all around - great job ! (But Alvin has a Trailbalzer too so I was not surprised!)

The tune on the Colorado was geared more towrd performance. Like the blazer, you can feel that the truck is not laboring any more. The truck revs higher now before it changes gears and the shifts are crisp - you can feel them snap into place - no more lag. The car takes much less gas pedal to go the same speed now - and the increase in acceleration was very nice. I got on a straight away doing about 20 - pushed the pedal way down - but not WOT - the truck accelerated nicely until it hit about 4500 rpm, then my AEM started to growl, and I felt like I was being shot out of a cannon. The truck quickly went up to just below redline before it snapped into the next gear I was doing about 75 - and I had a big grin on my face. I'm running half and half right now - 87 and 89 octane - and I hope to see a little better performance yet once I start running straight 89.

Great job Alvin - I am a happy customer ! "

--------------------------

"The truck runs much smoother, it has pickup it never had before, and it doesn't labor any more like it used to. The shifts are firm, but not annoying, and I noticed this morning on the way into work that once I get into the upper gears (auto transmission) I barely have to touch my foot on the gas pedal in order to maintain a speed of 60 mph now. It just keeps getting better! "

--------------------------
"I ordered my PCM from Alvin last Thursday, and had it at my door the following Monday. Much to my happiness, it was an entire computer, not a chip or daughterboard to replace.

Even though the instructions are strainght forward, I managed to mess it up. i posted a PM to Alvin at 10:00pm last night (pacific), and he got back to me within an hour!!! I couldnt believe it.

I was getting the dreaded case relearn issue, and the vehicle wouldnt start. Turned out I wasnt trying to start the vehicle each "cycle", so I didnt actually complete the process per his instructions.

Once I did, it fired right up. From the start, I have restored computer function. I have had 2 reflaches from the dealer based on computer-related issues. This seems to have cured those problems, so even with no performance improvenments that would be worth the price.

I havent driven it much yet, but the improvement is noticable. It wont roast the tires, but it pulls harder from the light, and the "quickened" shift points are great...not jarring or anything impractical for a daily driver.

I plan to get it out on the highway this holiday weekend, so I'll post again. So far I am EXTREMELY impressed with PCMforless and my purchase."

------------------------------

"I installed mine on Saturday and I noticed a difference in the truck right away! It is much more fun to drive now. I got about a half a tank of gas on th new PCM and it seems to have improved my gas mileage, but I won't know for sure until I fill it up. The truck feels lighter because of the tune, it doesn't take as much pedal to get it to move. I am very happy with my experience with PCMforless!"

------------------------------
"I ordered my PCM Friday and got it in today. Install was easy and only took a few minutes. The security relearn took the longest, but was still only about ~40 minutes with me giving it extra time to sit.

The truck idles smoother, and seems to rev quicker. Sitting at a stoplight now the truck doesn't have that slight vibration like it used to, with the quiet stock exhaust on it I can hardly tell it's running. There is a definite improvement in acceleration from a standing start, it actually puts you back in the seat now instead of the slow roll into the throttle feeling it had before. Shifts are quick, I can tell the difference under part throttle and WOT. The part throttle shifts aren't annoying, they're just a little firmer/quicker and are just right IMO. Under WOT with the Jet Servo and the new PCM the shifts are great, it's not hard enough to make me feel like I'm going to break something but it's very quick and firm, it makes me hate having an automatic a lot less. Laughing Acceleration through the RPM range feels stronger and a lot more linear. Instead of the big lunge in power in the upper RPM's it's a strong and steady pull, a big improvement. Part throttle has a nice improvement as well, it downshifts the way it should now at highway speed instead of trying to lug around in OD and as others have said it doesn't take as much pedal to get it up to speed."

----------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Performance Installs - Dyno Tuning - Mail Order Tuning & Sales
704-307-4227
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2006, 07:59 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Summit White 4.2L I6 2WD
This also applies to the 2002 I6?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:15 PM
PCMofNC.com - Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblazed View Post
This also applies to the 2002 I6?
Yes, All I6!

704-307-4227

Old 08-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Northwest Chapter

not here not here not here
not here Other AWD
What do you use as a tuning program, if I bought a tune could you just email it to me? I have EFILive.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:51 PM

I am somewhat interested... Just wondering if this is a deal or not, seems like the same price you are offering on your website to the "public," or did I miss something?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:23 PM
PCMofNC.com - Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brochad View Post
I am somewhat interested... Just wondering if this is a deal or not, seems like the same price you are offering on your website to the "public," or did I miss something?
If you ask me $99 is a pretty good deal if you are shopping around

I listed that price on the website because 99.9% of people who are looking at that page are going to be coming from this website. We don't advertise Trailblazer stuff anywhere else, so to make things easier, the price you see in this thread is the same as the site. In a few months it will most likely be priced like our other similar PCM's.

704-307-4227
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 PM
PCMofNC.com - Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
What do you use as a tuning program, if I bought a tune could you just email it to me? I have EFILive.
Sure we can do that, same $99 price. Shoot me an email if you are interested ([email protected]) and I will walk you through a custom payment so that you don't get charged for shipping.

704-307-4227
Old 08-31-2006, 09:57 PM
PCMForLess.com - Sponsor

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer SS (3SS)
Hi Guys,

It looks like Kelly has made a good introduction for us. I just want to let you guys know that we would like to the best job possible for you guys. If you get a program from us and your less than thrilled or impressed let us know. We will either go back and re-adjust the tune for free or buy it back from you.

If you have any questions shoot us a email or call us. We are around the phones from 10-7pm M-F. We also offer full chasis dyno tuning here in the Charlotte NC area.

Thanks
Alvin.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:25 PM
No longer with us

what would be the hp gain on a i6?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:58 PM
PCMofNC.com - Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktbon20s View Post
what would be the hp gain on a i6?
We typically see 10-14 hp. We hear the seat of the pants gain feels great and of course the rest of the tune makes the truck feel so much better as a whole.

704-307-4227
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in