Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

SS Winter Floormats?

6K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  shawn0413 
#1 ·
What are all of you SS owners doing for the winter? I tore up the mats in my Silverado SS because of the winter combined with wearing my work shoes. I assume the mats in the SS are that same size as the regular TB. (?) I would like to order some ASAP before I ruin the ones that came with it. I just took delivery on my SS today and I dont want to get them dirty.

#4 ·
#5 ·
SlvrTBSS said:
Has anyone tried the all-weather mats from GM?
Part #12499331 (Rear)
&
Part#12499327 (Front)
Total of $75 Front and Rear...

I didnt like the lip on the Husky mats...
If the Huskys have a drawback, it could be the lip. But for me the trade off was the covering of the dead pedal. Guess you could always take the scissors to the lip :eek:

#9 ·
SlvrTBSS said:
Has anyone tried the all-weather mats from GM?
Part #12499331 (Rear)
&
Part#12499327 (Front)
Total of $75 Front and Rear...

I didnt like the lip on the Husky mats...
I LOVE these mats
Fit perfectly just as standard mats do. I think they come in grey, tan and ebony.

Once I get back to NY I'll take some pics for you.

You won't be disappointed, got them in my TB for winter, and my dad swears by them too in his Tahoe.

#10 ·
homertime said:
I LOVE these mats
Fit perfectly just as standard mats do. I think they come in grey, tan and ebony.

Once I get back to NY I'll take some pics for you.

You won't be disappointed, got them in my TB for winter, and my dad swears by them too in his Tahoe.
Good to know... I just ordered mine from my dealer. $85 total for the fronts and the rears. Special order though, and they wont be in till next week some time...

#14 ·
I just picked up a pair of durable rubber mats from AutoZone. They have deep ridges in them to collect moisture and dirt and for like $20 a set I couldn't be happier. This is all I used when I lived in Indiana so they do good with the winter junk.

#15 ·
Silver_06 said:
I just picked up a pair of durable rubber mats from AutoZone. They have deep ridges in them to collect moisture and dirt and for like $20 a set I couldn't be happier. This is all I used when I lived in Indiana so they do good with the winter junk.

pics pleaseeeeeeee!!

inside the Truck..thanks

#18 ·
The husky mats for the back seat definitely look better than the weathertech ones...

I'm not sure which way to go for the front seat though, the weathertech run down the sill so you can empty them without soaking your carpets but the husky's cover the dead pedal (which I don't think the weathertech do...).

Decisons, decisions...

Why can't someone just make a product that does everything properly? :duh:

#19 ·
Gord said:
The husky mats for the back seat definitely look better than the weathertech ones...

I'm not sure which way to go for the front seat though, the weathertech run down the sill so you can empty them without soaking your carpets but the husky's cover the dead pedal (which I don't think the weathertech do...).

Decisons, decisions...

Why can't someone just make a product that does everything properly? :duh:
do the mats for the back drape across the entire floor (go over the hump) or are they two pieces? I would like to cover the hump, my kids feet seem to be pulled to the one unprotected area of the back seat :duh: ..

Also how soft are the fronts? I notice in my work car, the mats are soft rubber, as not to be uncomfortable for a long ride? need mats, just can't figure out which ones to get.:crazy:

#20 ·
TonyGXP:

The rears are two pieces. One piece fits behind the driver and over the hump, and the other goes behind the passenger. I'm not 100% sure why they did it that way. It works though.

The fronts are really not noticeable vs carpet. I do have to say the material they make the mats out of is most impressive. It is very thin, light, and flexible. Not flexible like real virgin rubber mats, but not stiff like chair mat material either.

I'd wager that almost anyone would be happy with the Husky's. They are superior to these mats from my Audi: http://collection.audiusa.com/store/accessory.asp?parent%5Fcategory%5Fid=11&category%5FID=49&subcategory%5FID=200&product%5Fid=838

They were heavy and hard to clean. They did keep the carpet nice though.

About the only objectionable thing about the Husky mats are that they overlap the brightwork on the door sills in the front slightly. More of an appearance issue than anything.

#21 ·
i has husky in my last truck...and in my ss i put the weathertech liners in front and the husky liner in the back......i luv the front weathertechs the only thing is,it does not cover the dead pedal...i added a protection under the uncovered area...they are very nice great protection and nice feel...the husky liner in the back seat is really good...covers hump and protects everywhere ...the material dosent feel nearly as nice as the front weathertechs...the combo..works perfect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.