Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

2007 trailblazer vibration

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kcducttaper 
#1 ·
Hello, I am trying to hunt down a problem with my trailblazer having a vibration issue that starts at about 35 and gets really bad at 55, stays bad at higher speeds. Shakes the whole vehicle, not just the steering wheel.
Was driving fine on the freeway one day then I took it out the next day on the freeway it started this problem.
I have put new front sway bar links on, new front shock/springs on, new tires/balance, new wheel alignment. Checked all tires for bent rims and all are good. Drive lines are solid. Checked all front end and rear components for looseness and/or breaks and I have found no problems.
Does anyone have an idea about what might be causing this?
:thx

#2 ·
Front drive axle?

From your profile, your 07 TB is 4x4. I would check the front drive axles coming from the transfer case. I don't have a 4x4 so I am not too familar with the setup, but your vibration issue sounds very similar to one that I had on a Dodge minivan. When you would hit about 35-40 the whole vehicle would start to shake pretty violently. Mostly side to side. It would never really go away the faster you went.
Turned out to be one of the front CV axles(passenger side).
If you can disengage to 4 wheel drive and see if anything changes.
Sorry that I can't be of more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.