Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Car Reliability Survey results

40K views 35 replies 13 participants last post by  rentalcarsuae2 
#1 ·
Updated TrueDelta Car Reliability Survey results were posted recently for the 2002, 2004, and 2006 TrailBlazer and Envoy. In all three cases, though, the sample sizes were small, which probably explains why the 2006 result was "worse than average" while the 2004 was "better than average" and the 2002 was "average." Another possible factor: GM vehicles often compare better as they age.

We'll have further updates in May, August, and November, hopefully with larger sample sizes. With more participants we could provide the sort of highly precise results we're providing for the Lambda large crossovers. (We have over 200 responses for the 2007 Lambdas. Repair rate is now "average.")

We now have a separate results page for each model. The one for the TrailBlazer and Envoy:

Chevrolet TrailBlazer reliability comparisons

Because the sample sizes were small, the results are asterisked and only visible to members on the site itself. Hopefully this will change with the May update.

#31 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the TrailBlazer to include owner experiences through September 30, 2014.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2008 TrailBlazer: 69, moderate, small sample size
2007 TrailBlazer: 71, moderate, very small sample size
2006 TrailBlazer: 79, moderate
2005 TrailBlazer: 185, high, small sample size
2004 TrailBlazer: 78, moderate, small sample size
2003 TrailBlazer: 100, moderate, small sample size
2002 TrailBlazer: 104, moderate, small sample size

Additional participants always helpful (especially if you see "small sample size" next to the year, or no stat at all).

To view the repairs behind these numbers, check the stats for other cars, and sign up to help improve this information (next update in February):

Chevrolet TrailBlazer reliability ratings and comparisons

#33 ·
We've updated our reliability stats for the TrailBlazer and other GMT360s (all combined in the stats below) to include owner experiences through the end of 2015, about eight months ahead of other sources. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year--lower is better:

2008 TrailBlazer: 76, moderate
2007 TrailBlazer: 64, moderate, small sample size
2006 TrailBlazer: 98, high
2005 TrailBlazer: 81, moderate, small sample size
2004 TrailBlazer: 98, moderate, small sample size
2003 TrailBlazer: 73, low, small sample size
2002 TrailBlazer: 86, moderate, small sample size

No stat, or a small sample size? Then we especially need more owners involved for that model year.

For the repairs behind these stats, reliability information on other models, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Chevrolet TrailBlazer reliability ratings and comparisons

#34 ·
p410&p136 codes

i just bought a 2004 trailblazer 4x4 I6 enine codes 410 and 136 come on . I have checked the hose from air cleaner to the joint fitting that is by firewall. That hose on cold starts seems to suck very little. Truck running always sounds like a diesel is this normal!! The codes have come off once before. i found a cracked hose from the air cleaner to the joint fitting!? i disconnected hose from the air valve and seems to suck on cold start up. but not so strongly?! im not really educated or wise enough to use a multitester to check the voltage to the air valve or any other . ! When exiting highway lights dim when coming to a stop . doesnt loop on idle or chug on accleration. did not notice if idle speed changed on exitramp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.