Ran at the track tonite - Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum

Welcome Enthusiast! If you already own a Chevy TrailBlazer or GMC Envoy or perhaps thinking of purchasing such a vehicle, then you have come to the best TrailBlazer and Envoy site on the net! Rainier, Bravada, Ascender, and 9-7x owners welcome too!

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to search and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Join Today!
Go Back   Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum > 2002 - 2009 TrailBlazer/Envoy Tech > 02-09 General Tech Q&A > The Track

The Track At the Track with your TrailVoy

TrailVoy.com is the premier GMC Envoy Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:28 PM

2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Light Pewter Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Ran at the track tonite

Just figured some of you would be interested to know that i ran at the 1/4 tonight.. it was colddd around 40 degrees or so

Vehicle is as follows-

2002 Chevy Trailblazer
Inline 6 with 3.73s and G80
4x4 Model

Mods are as follows

Homemade PVC intake
Resonator Delete
Custom HP Tuned by Me
Cat Delete

I ran seven times tonight and the worst run i ever did was a 15.7 @ 89mph because i didnt even brake torque it or anything all I did was hit the gas when it turned green

Best Run is as follows, officially

RT- .521
60'- 2.382
330- 6.632
1/8-10.143
MPH-70.17
1000- 13.141
1/4- 15.663
MPH- 89.34

One thing i would like to note is that these times were done using General Grabber AT2 All Terrain Tires... AKA heavy, knobby tires.. not actual street tires, so take it with a grain of salt, im sure I could of done a tad better with a lighter and more practical tire setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 PM
TrailVoy Alumni

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Graystone Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Whoa, nice numbers !!

Best i got was a 16.1 and my seats were taken out and spare out as well.
It was almost 100* on the track though!

Must be the gears. i want 4.10 gears soo bad !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010, 12:02 AM

2009 SAAB 9-7x
Onyx Black 5.3L V8 AWD
Those poor tires lol. They brake loose at all ?

Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdude2004 View Post
Those poor tires lol. They brake loose at all ?
I actually got it to wheel hop a little bit when i went balls to the wall and brake torqued the **** out of it

People give these motors a reputation for having no low end, when thats really not the case at all, its GM's poor tuning.. mine rips from 1200rpm... Stock these things have like 6 degrees of timing 800 - 1200... Mine has 18 and no knock... also the cam phase tables are all messed up... its advancing like 10 degrees at idle... mine is ZERO until 2000 rpm which also helped alot.. you dont need cam advance that low in the rpm band its made for high end operation
Old 10-14-2010, 09:01 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Summit White 4.2L I6 4X4
They give them a bad rap for having no low end because they don't have any low end. That is prevelant in your 60' time. For not spinning off the line that 60' is horrid, but since it is in a heavy SUV, it is understandable.

Regardless, that is an impressive time for sure. Your truck runs hard. I went to the track Saturday night with the Camaro and my buddy with a stock LS1 GTO A4 was running high 14's @ 94-95 mph, ha. Needless to say, he was quite disappointed.

[B][COLOR="Red"]2000 Camaro SS[/COLOR][/B] - Cam'd, Spray'd, still slow...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe92T View Post
I actually got it to wheel hop a little bit when i went balls to the wall and brake torqued the **** out of it

People give these motors a reputation for having no low end, when thats really not the case at all, its GM's poor tuning.. mine rips from 1200rpm... Stock these things have like 6 degrees of timing 800 - 1200... Mine has 18 and no knock... also the cam phase tables are all messed up... its advancing like 10 degrees at idle... mine is ZERO until 2000 rpm which also helped alot.. you dont need cam advance that low in the rpm band its made for high end operation
It's not "poor tuning"... They're tuned exactly how they want them tuned... to feel "lazy" and under-stressed while grandma is putting around, and to soften the power delivery (especially in the lower RPM range) to be nicer to the transmission and rear end, to cut warranty costs... Literally, nearly everything is done for a reason...

Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The GB ended, but PM me if you want one!

GB also ended, but PM me if you want these!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:39 AM

2004 Chevy TrailBlazer LT
Graphite Metallic 4.2L I6 4X4
Quote:
Mods are as follows

Homemade PVC intake
Resonator Delete
Custom HP Tuned by Me
Cat Delete
I have all those mods but the cat delete. I am still working on the HP tuners tune. U mind sharing your tune?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28 View Post
They give them a bad rap for having no low end because they don't have any low end. That is prevelant in your 60' time. For not spinning off the line that 60' is horrid, but since it is in a heavy SUV, it is understandable.

Regardless, that is an impressive time for sure. Your truck runs hard. I went to the track Saturday night with the Camaro and my buddy with a stock LS1 GTO A4 was running high 14's @ 94-95 mph, ha. Needless to say, he was quite disappointed.
I put up the same 60ft as my friend did in his brand new 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 LT.. 5.3 v8 with a GMP CAI, Custom Exhaust and also HP Tuned with no torque managenent, his also lags off the line a bit... His best time of the night was 15.4 @91
Old 10-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates

2007 Chevy TrailBlazer LS
Silverstone Metallic 5.3L V8 4X4
Quote:
I put up the same 60ft as my friend did in his brand new 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 LT.. 5.3 v8 with a GMP CAI, Custom Exhaust and also HP Tuned with no torque managenent, his also lags off the line a bit... His best time of the night was 15.4 @91
Yeah, and he'll have a hell of a time with spinning tires with the front-heavy weight bias of the truck, where you can go WFO from the start...

Mike

The GB ended, but PM me if you want one!

GB also ended, but PM me if you want these!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonmd View Post
Yeah, and he'll have a hell of a time with spinning tires with the front-heavy weight bias of the truck, where you can go WFO from the start...

Mike
No Spin last night, but anyway... Whatever the I6 lacks in low it makes up for up high... His truck shifts at 5600rpm, mine at 6500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum forums, you must first register.

Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
(Only letters, numbers, dashes and underscores are permitted for user names)
The user name that you choose is permanent and can never be changed.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Vehicle Year
Choose your year
Or enter your choice here:
Vehicle Color
Choose your factory color (Custom, Not Listed & Two-Tones; Use Text Field Below)
Vehicle Make
Choose your make
Vehicle Model
Choose your model
Vehicle Engine
Choose your engine
Vehicle Drivetrain
Choose your vehicle drivetrain
Security Question
Fill in the blanks: Tra___oy
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in