Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Whine through speakers when you accelerate

10K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  setauketjeff 
#1 ·
I have an 07 trailblazer and sometimes when the radio is on the speakers i hear a whine. When i step on gas it is heard through the speakers. I replaced the head unit of the radio with an aftermarket stereo and still get the whine. But now it is not as load. Is this noise coming from the alternator? And if it is does the alternator need to be grounded? Thanks.

#2 ·
Whine thru speakers

Hi I have run into this a few years ago with my trailblazer. If you have the stereo controls in the back seat area that may be your culprit. I have an lt with the bose system I found some links here that helped. In a nutshell use some dialectric grease on the connector located inside the center console that connects the rear entertainment controls. changing the head unit might not have an effect especially if you are still using the same wiring harness and the stock amplifier. I havent heard the noise for a few years since I did that. Good Luck hope this helped!

#9 ·
Hi I have run into this a few years ago with my trailblazer. If you have the stereo controls in the back seat area that may be your culprit. I have an lt with the bose system I found some links here that helped. In a nutshell use some dialectric grease on the connector located inside the center console that connects the rear entertainment controls. changing the head unit might not have an effect especially if you are still using the same wiring harness and the stock amplifier. I havent heard the noise for a few years since I did that. Good Luck hope this helped!
I did this and for good measure, dielectric greased up the main purple connector underneath in the middle of the console while I had it all torn apart looking for possible reasons for this issue. Also wrapped some electrical tape over the metal bracket down there where it is fastened. Seems some fixed it by just unplugging and replugging in the harnesses.

I realize this does not help you but try some dielectric grease on your head unit harnesses.

#7 ·
Bad ground

I had a similar issue and the aftermarket audio system made it worse. I was able to isolate the issue(s) on the third attempt to the main audio connector, mostly a ground problem.

A lot of zip ties to secure the cable where they are happy to be, no whining! And some patience...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.