Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Oregon Members, Where Are You?

23K views 76 replies 25 participants last post by  HotRob 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just thought I'd throw this out and get some idea of where everyone is situated throughout Oregon. Throw in your hometown and what you consider yourself skilled at (automotive wise).

My name is Keith.

I live in Corvallis (Oregon State University) and home for me is in Clackamas.

My best skill is making things look like factory options and leaving no permanent damage when I'm done (unless I can't live without I'm installing, like my sound system, but that's changing soon). I am also great at write-ups, and how-to's.

#3 ·
Sherwood, temporarily displaced in Dubai, UAE.

Very adept at paying someone else to do the fabrication & mods I am fully capable of doing myself, if only I had the tools and somewhere to do it. :sadcry:

I can't wait to get back to the USA and set up my "retirement" hobby shop.

#6 ·
Dubai is great! I've been here for two years. I live about ten miles from Burj Dubai and two miles from Burj Al Arab. I drive by them all the time.

It's pretty hot right now, The Heat Index yesterday was about 60ºC (140ºF). The temperature was about 50ºC.

It's a great place to visit if you ever get the chance. Just don't do it between June and October!:no:

#23 · (Edited)
the 06 TB is my wifes. daily driver for her to work down the hill every day.its basically stock other then a performance muffler and aem air intake system. recently put on some westin running boards and was looking into one of those simple lift kits ive seen on here.

as for skills..well..vehicle restoration when i find something i like.just got done with a new house that was built with our help(adaire) and i built the 3 car garage with shop(still dealing with garage).if anyone needs help with thier vehicle thats near by,drop me a line.

link of one of mine i did some time back..check my signature

#24 ·
Sound like you got a handle on just about everything.:)

Word to the wise, ditch the running boards if your going to off road at all and do research and thread searches before making any quick decisions on lift mods. Spend a good deal of time in the off road section reading and you'll find out who to listen to and who to tune out.:thumbsup:
You are in a great area for wheeling. You might be surprised at the ability of this plat form when done correctly.

Good luck.

#28 ·
well, thank you for your warm welcome.... I hope to meet some if not all of you.... this month is rough for us because of the down payment... grrr... but it happens right... So, I wont be able to make it to the meet in seattle....

#29 ·
I am game to meet some Oregon members..since I live IN Eugene,
But will to travel close by..
Any Oregon members ready for a meet?
Go DUCKS!!
Pm me -interested members Have to really to keep up memberships!
Nothing fancy maybe pizza or fishing? :grouphug::p:yes:

#30 ·
Hey guys,
I'd like to start my first post on Trailvoy with a GO BEAVS! I wish being an alum from '04 was still recent but that's almost getting to be a stretch :) My fiancee is an '08 OSU alum. We'll be season football ticket holders until we croak or are physically unable to make it to the games. We bleed black and orange!

We just purchased an '03 TB LS that has replaced our '91 Pathfinder 5-speed. While I do miss the manual transmission, I am excited about having some power, some power options, A/C, airbags, ABS, 4-wheel discs, etc :) In the last two weeks we've corrected all of the lack of maintenance and interior/exterior cleaning/caring of any kind that the truck suffered with the previous owner, his hunting trips and his kids :duh:

We both daily drive turbocharged DSMs so the mods will be in the lower and faster (at least handle better) direction rather than higher and slower as much as is reasonable for what needs to be our reliable transport in case of a modification weekend on the other cars that doesn't quite reach completion before work on Monday. It still needs to tow water toys in summer so I'll be doing my best to keep modifications "mild" even though that's not really in my ability.

I'll keep an eye out for any local meets and look forward to being part of the TV community!

Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.